Glotman•Simpson Consulting Engineers, one of North America’s leading engineering firms, has been providing innovative solutions and unparalleled client service since 1964. For over 50 years, we've been providing quality, cost conscious structural engineering consulting services for more than 5,000 projects in the areas of high-rise residential, seismic upgrade, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
Our firm is currently looking for a JUNIOR CAD/BIM TECHNICIAN to join our dynamic Vancouver, BC team on a full-time permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate looking to expand their knowledge working on a number of challenging projects. Candidates must be self-motivated, creative, have effective English communication skills.
Our firm, Glotman•Simpson Consulting Engineers located at 1661 West 5th Avenue, Vancouver BC, offers an excellent environment for growth and achievement of your future goals; we encourage ongoing personal and professional development and provide our team with the tools they need in order to succeed and progress on their career path.
Knowledge, qualifications and abilities
- Diploma or certificate in drafting technology or in a related field is required;
- Minimum of 2-3 years' drafting experience;
- Knowledge and experience with REVIT Structures 2018+;
- Ability to accurately read, interpret and prepare structural engineering plans and details in AutoCAD 2018 format;
- Ability to operate an integrated REVIT BIM model to collaborate with other disciplines on large scale projects;
- Ability to operate computer-assisted drafting equipment or a conventional drafting station;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- A positive team-player who is always seeking solutions to challenges;
- Someone who radiates enthusiasm, energy and passion; and,
- Someone who is organized, efficient and confident.
Our firm offers an attractive total compensation plan; in this position you can expect an annual competitive wage of between $46,800 - $50,000, based on a 37.5 hour work week, in addition to an extended health (with vision care), dental, long term disability, life insurance and 3 weeks’ vacation.