$72,275 - $93, 860 per annum
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We lead planning in the region with a Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. This includes building light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail, as well as operating GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO.
Our Willowbrook Facility & Outposts (West) Office is seeking a Maintenance Planner to provide detailed and scheduling support required to maintain, repair, upgrade and replace critical infrastructure to all rail maintenance and layover facilities throughout the GTHA to ensure the continuity of GO Transit rail service.
- Support maintenance & reliability engineers with the development and continual improvement of maintenance plans, work instructions, processes & procedures.
- Track and report on the execution of preventative maintenance plans:
- Follow-up with plant supervisors to ensure work orders are assigned, completed, and closed out.
- Establish, prepare and calculate maintenance KPI’s.
- Generate asset availability and reliability reports.
- Report negative trends for assessment and corrective action.
- Maintain adequate maintenance records in accordance with regulatory obligations and industry best practice.
- Keep an up-to-date repository of equipment manuals, drawings, and standard operating procedures.
- Support regulatory audits and requests for information.
- Organize and maintain records of inspection and calibration of machinery, equipment, PPE and tools.
- Work with stores personnel and maintenance staff to ensure availability of required inventory & non-stocked material.
- Work with plant supervisors to coordinate, plan & schedule shutdowns for reactive and preventative maintenance work:
- Prepare schedules that optimize use of time, budget and materials.
- Help establish standard cost estimating & budgeting for all planned work.
- Engage all stakeholders to coordinate logistically feasible plans and communicate work schedules.
- Generate work orders for assignment to trades staff.
- Help prepare work packages & necessary technical documents for field execution, as required.
- Own, control and maintain the departmental EAM/CMMS systems:
- Maintain asset database & work order management systems.
- Ensure accuracy and validity of data for reliable reporting.
- Keep maintenance plans in system up-to-date.
- Provide technical user support to departmental staff.
- Oversee the scheduling and delivery of major equipment & materials.
Location: 125 Judson Street, Etobicoke, ON
File Number: WIL001P
- Completion of a relevant bachelor’s degree, an engineering technologist diploma OR a certified trade with a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent, may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of progressively responsible industrial or railway maintenance experience is required.
- CET, Certificate of Qualification or the ability to obtain within 12 months of hire considered an asset.
- Excellent relationship management, consultation and oral/written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Demonstrated expertise in work order management systems, database management, data mining and analytics.
- Knowledge of industrial maintenance and outage scheduling best practices.
- Able to visualize complex work flows and break down required maintenance activities into functional and logically grouped tasks for scheduling.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, at: (http://www.metrolinx.com/en/aboutus/careers/current_opportunities.aspx) on our website, no later than October 27, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER