Projects and Maintenance Engineer (Maternity Leave Contract)
The Projects and Maintenance Engineer (PME) reports to the Engineering and Maintenance Coordinator (EMC). The PME is an engineering position that will work with BMS Managers, supervisors, staff, public, and regulatory bodies to manage the annual capital program and operating maintenance projects.
Beaver Municipal Solutions is a fast growing, world class player in the waste management industry. Located in Ryley, AB which is less than a 1 hour drive from south east Edmonton along Hwy 14. Not “just” a landfill, they operate waste transfer stations, recycling systems, waste collection and hauling and are continually exploring new technologies and services related to the industry.
Beaver Municipal Solutions provides the following services:
· Municipal solid waste collection within Beaver County
· Municipal solid waste transportation and disposal for City of Edmonton, Parkland County, Vermillion River
· Collection and disposal of class 2 industrial waste from a wide array of businesses and industries.
For more information on Beaver Municipal Solutions, please visit their website at http://beavermunicipal.com/
What the role entails
· Manage the annual and long-term BMS capital program from design to completion.
· Develop engineering and work maintenance standards for BMS facilities and equipment, and prepare, issue and coordinate maintenance contracts related to maintenance programs.
· Hire engineering, construction and environmental consultants as required for the execution of capital and maintenance programs.
· Maintain project record systems, from concept development through to close-out.
· Coordinate environmental permit, and other permit and applications.
· Manage engineering reviews and reports for special projects, as assigned by the EMC or General Manager.
· Previous experience with surveying concepts and equipment.
· Work closely with the Engineering Design Technician and Project & Maintenance Lead.
What you will need for this role
· A Canadian recognized Bachelor’s university degree in Engineering, preferably in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
· Ability to be registered as a P.Eng. in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA).
· Minimum of 4 years experience in related industry.
· Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication skills and a strong command of the English language.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain a professional/mature demeanor in stressful situations.
· Demonstrated ability to establish strong internal and external relationships.