TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer/Deputy Director, Operations, this is a senior role that is accountable for the leadership, strategic oversight, direction, and performance excellence for quality systems and programs in accordance with TRIUMF’s strategic objectives and achieving our vision.
The Director, Quality will be responsible for developing and implementing quality management systems and programs that support the goals and objectives outlined in TRIUMF’s Five-Year Strategic Plan and reflect the organizational core values. Key accountabilities include:
· Assuming responsibility for developing, implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of TRIUMF’s Quality function, both for business support and technical areas
· Directing Quality activities across the lab and providing guidance and mentorship to personnel engaged in quality-related activities, including providing direction for content design and development of Quality education and training programs
· Organizing the Quality function and laboratory staff to ensure effective implementation and comprehensive monitoring of Quality program requirements. Initiating specific quality policies, procedures and requirements to ensure compliance with regulators and laboratory policies
· Identifying and documenting both quality issues and effective deployment of the Quality Management System
· Promoting an organizational culture focused on quality management and risk mitigation and fostering cultural shifts to prioritize the importance of incorporating quality principles in all TRIUMF activities
· Collaborating closely with the Environment, Health and Safety team to align efforts to embed safety and quality in all TRIUMF activities
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of excellence through adoption of best practices including continuous improvement, promoting a strong safety culture, and instituting a keen customer service focus. Other qualifications include:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
· 10+ years of experience in the Quality Management
· Familiarity with ISO 31000 and QA-1 GS-R-1; CSA N286-12 is an asset
· Experience with TapRooT root cause analysis process is an asset
· Experience in developing or managing an audit system would be beneficial
· Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and other continuous improvement and change management methodologies is an asset
· Experience with nuclear codes and standards and an understanding of nuclear laboratory safety culture is an asset
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high-profile national research facility.
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
· Subject line: Competition 733
· Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Applications will be accepted until filled.
More search results
Senior SEM Engineer
Dr. G. Sauer & Partners Corporation
Tenure-Track/Tenured - Assistant or Associate Pro…
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Bilingual Mechanical Engineer
Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture Endowed Chai…
College of Engineering, University of Saskatchewan
Director, Infrastructure and Planning
St. John’s International Airport Authority (SJIAA)