Bilingual Mechanical Engineer
The Bilingual Mechanical Engineer will be a member of the professional services team and provide value by increasing knowledgeable buyer capacity during the development of the building management plan as well as by supporting project delivery services during project initiation. The mechanical engineer will work on various projects within a versatile team where all abilities are put to good use.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems related to building systems including Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), building controls, plumbing and life safety systems.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team of facility management professionals and technicians to develop short and long-term capital planning for existing facilities.
- Support Project Delivery Services during project initiation and planning by reviewing material, cost and timing, estimates, reports and design specifications for building mechanical systems including Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), building controls, plumbing and life safety systems.
- Review statements of work for engineering consulting services.
- As required, review and provide feedback regarding investment analysis reports.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or College Diploma with 7+ years of relevant experience;
- Engineering and construction of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), building controls, plumbing and life safety systems.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards – such as ASME, API, ANSI, CSA, ASHRAE, Provincial and National Building Codes etc.;
- Strong knowledge of HVAC controls sequence of operations considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of the engineering environment in mechanical sector;
- Strong communication skills.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, and other employees;
- Ability to manage competing priorities in fast paced environment.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Able to monitor costs, including control of project schedules;
- Proficient with MS Office suite;
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills;
- Prior customer interface experience;
- Highly meticulous nature, strong attention to detail;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both official languages required;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computer tools.
LICENSES AND/OR PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATION
- LEED certified and/or knowledge of sustainable development and energy efficiency principles is an asset ;
- PEng designation in good standing
Located in Ottawa or Montreal
Inspire change for a more sustainable future...
If this role is of interest, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. on September 6, 2019.
Also, please apply directly to the job posting:
While we thank all candidates for their expressed interest in this role, we will only be contacting candidates who will be selected for an interview.