Department: Public Works
Division: Engineering & Construction
Position: Senior Project Advisor (Supervisor)
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full-time position working 35 hours per week.
It’s an exciting time to be a leader at Halton Region!
We are committed to the delivery of high quality services in support of making Halton Region a great place to live, work, raise a family, and retire. We are a supportive, challenging and rewarding place to work where you will be recognized for your accomplishments and Sencontributions, and encouraged to grow and succeed in your career.
If you are looking for a role where you can lead a team towards the delivery projects for the residents of Halton, we want to hear from you. Over the next 10 years, the Region will be investing approximately $3.9 Billion in road, water and wastewater infrastructure. We are committed to delivering high quality infrastructure for the residents, businesses and visitors to Halton Region and we are looking for dedicated, forward thinking and enthusiastic individuals to join our Public Works team!
Reporting to the Manager, Capital Engineering and Construction, the Senior Project Advisor (Supervisor) is responsible for the delivery of a suite of major linear water, wastewater, and transportation capital projects, utilizing a combination of in-house and external resources.
You will oversee a team of skilled project managers providing day to day supervision, mentoring and coaching.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering License
- Minimum 7 years project management experience in the successful delivery of large, complex projects on schedule and budget
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Certification in Project Management
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Flexibility in working hours is required for frequent trips to project sites. Incumbent must supply their own transportation.
Key Skill Sets
- Excellent project management skills, including: strategic planning, organization, problem solving, financial management and risk mitigation, to deliver a large suite of projects in a fast paced environment.
- Superior leadership skills, including: day to day supervision, mentoring and coaching, and providing professional guidance, to develop an effective, quality focused and inclusive team.
- Strong oral & written communication, facilitation, negotiation and dispute resolution skills, to successfully interface with multiple stakeholders, including regional staff, contractors, consultants, council and the general public.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience in planning, design, construction and commissioning of road, water and wastewater infrastructure, including best practices and evolving technologies methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with applicable legislation, standards, documentation and regulatory processes, including: Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, Safe Drinking Water Act, Clean Water Act, Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Protection Act, American Water Works Association Standards, Construction Lien Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Posted: July 26, 2019
Posting Expires: Open until filled
Posting #: PW-280-19
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
More search results
Senior SEM Engineer
Dr. G. Sauer & Partners Corporation
Tenure-Track/Tenured - Assistant or Associate Pro…
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Bilingual Mechanical Engineer
Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture Endowed Chai…
College of Engineering, University of Saskatchewan