Project Engineer - IAMI (Contract)
TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We are currently accepting applications for an experienced Project Engineer to join our Project Management Office (PMO) for an 18-month term. The PMO is responsible for oversight and governance of all projects at TRIUMF, from conception to completion. The Project Manager will be involved in the construction of a new multi-million dollar facility for the Institute for Advanced Medical Isotopes (IAMI), which will include a TR24 cyclotron for producing medical isotopes.
In this role you will assist with design and construction procurement, technical specifications, tender evaluations, contract awards, and budget and schedule reviews. Taking a hands-on approach, you will work effectively and collaboratively with project team members and external parties to make project plans and resolve any roadblocks. You will also be responsible for ensuring Design-to-Build issues are investigated, reviewed, and resolved in a timely manner. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Determining project design specifications by studying product design, customer requirements and performance standards, and carrying out technical studies and preparing cost estimates as required
- Contributing to the preparation and implementation of the construction execution plan, project plan, and budget and schedule revisions as required, and advising of any project deviations
- Coordinating and facilitating detailed design reviews, changes and finalizations, while ensuring accordance with the project scope and objectives
- Providing support as part of the project team with construction supervision on a regular basis
- Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe and secure manner that is in accordance with the Site Specific Safety Management Plan
- Chairing project meetings for internal and external stakeholders, and contributes to the preparation of monthly progress reports to IAMI Project Leadership and TRIUMF Senior Leadership
If you are excited by the prospect of joining this team and are looking to gain unique experience in a high profile national research facility, we encourage you to apply. As our ideal candidate, you are self-directed with strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and have the ability to build effective relationships and work with diverse stakeholders. You have excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills, and bring a high attention of detail to your work. Your other qualifications include:
- Construction experience, ideally in the construction of research facilities
- Familiarity with applicable codes and standards, regulatory requirements, best practices, and performance criteria
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Visio and Excel, and working knowledge of design/engineering tools such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Effective skills with respect to safety, project planning and control, design coordination, and contractor management
- Proven time management and organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment to meet the high demands of a complex project
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, combined with at least 7 years of design, project engineering, or construction management experience
While not required, experience with MS Project and the pharmaceutical industry’s good manufacturing practices (GMP) will be a definite asset to your application. The designation, or the eligibility to register as a P. Eng. in BC, is also an asset.
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada for the duration of the contract.
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: Competition 730
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Applications will be accepted until Aug 11, 2019.
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.
More search results
Senior SEM Engineer
Dr. G. Sauer & Partners Corporation
Tenure-Track/Tenured - Assistant or Associate Pro…
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Bilingual Mechanical Engineer
Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture Endowed Chai…
College of Engineering, University of Saskatchewan