Kearl Mine Fixed Equipment Engineer
- Imperial Oil
- Job Category
- Job Type
The Mine Fixed Equipment Engineer role:
- Provides Mechanical Engineering support for Kearl Mine Fixed Equipment (Ore Preparation Plant and Slurry Preparation Plant) in the areas of safety, reliability, operability, and capacity.
- Has experience with and understands Engineering principles for bulk materials handling equipment including crushing/sizing equipment, conveyers, bins/hoppers/chutes, apron feeders, and supporting systems.
- Analyzes data to determine issues and/or develops designs for solutions to plant issues.
- Leads or participates in RCFA investigations of significant Mine Fixed Equipment events related to mechanical equipment failure.
- Develops Equipment Strategies to determine the appropriate Maintenance, Surveillance, and Sparing plans in order to achieve the performance criteria of Mine Fixed Equipment mechanical equipment.
- Provides technical input into RAM analysis updates and identification/resolution of bad actors.
- Follows change management process to analyze and document improvements to the asset.
- Provides surveillance for key mechanical equipment in order to assess appropriate repair/replacement intervals which includes developing component fatigue life models.
- Participates in mechanical technical specification review and preparation.
- Utilizes strong teamwork and leadership skills in order to effectively engage with Operations, Maintenance, and other Engineering disciplines.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to Engineering staff in order to develop organizational capability in Mine Fixed Equipment.
- Is based in Calgary and involves occasional short-term travel to the Kearl site and equipment vendors.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Minerals Processing Engineering.
- Professional Engineering certification and member of APEGA.
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering for Mine Fixed Equipment for an operating site.
Start date: Q1, 2019
Location: Calgary, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package and one scheduled Friday off per month and five floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: December 16, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.