Mechanical Engineering Manager
Are you an accomplished Mechanical Engineer with experience in Automation, and looking to lead a skilled team of designers? If so, read on.
VTR Feeder Solutions is a leader in automated parts feeding systems and Canada's largest parts feeding company. We manufacture feeder systems for a variety of industries — from automotive to pharmaceutical. We have helped hundreds of organizations around the world successfully improve their business with our expert insight into the best feeding solutions.
The Mechanical Engineer will lead our talented team of designers to bring them up to the next level. This is a new position within the company in order to support our growing business.
Why Join VTR Feeder Solutions?
- Competitive salary, based on experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive company paid benefits (including Health, Dental, Health Care Spending account)
- Biweekly company provided staff lunch
- Monday to Friday schedule with a flexible start time
- Flexible work stations equipped with sit/stand desks, clean and bright shop floor.
- Work Boot allowance
- Work with other bright, talented people
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- And so much more!
- Manage and lead the current 5 person design team, to ensure that projects are being completed on time and on spec.
- Will liaise between our Project Management, Production and Design teams.
- Assist the machinists, toolmaker, assemblers and electricians in the debug, integration resolving problems and completion of systems.
- Perform engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, speeds, horsepower, temperature, pressure, force, etc. as related to machine and tool designs.
- Create engineering drawings and specifications to determine shape, dimensions, hardness etc. in the development of feeder systems.
- Examines feasibility of using one or more machines to carry out sequential operations.
- Produces working drawings, detail drawings and bill of materials for equipment sub-assemblies using AutoCAD and Solid Works.
- Analyze designs and systems for compliance to applicable standards (i.e. OSHA, CE or customer specific)
- Review drawings for accuracy, material selection, proper machining techniques, finishes, hardness, etc.
- Ensure transparent communication between Project Management, Production and Design to efficiently complete change requests.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
- Organize documentation, drawing registers, correspondence, requisitions, drawings, schedules, etc. on projects.
- Responsible for communicating time estimates and resource requirements on design tasks to Project Management.
- Review electrical requirements with respect to input and output devises with the electrical team.
- Examines project instructions and drawings to determine test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment and problems involved in designing, changing or re-arranging materials.
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Current P.Eng License
- 5-10 years’ experience working as a Mechanical Engineer preferably in an Automation Environment
- Experience working with automated feeders, inline feeders, and/or bowl feeders.
- Proven Leadership abilities and experience.
- Able to foster growth and learning with in a team.
- Ability to work independently, as well with a team to reach a common goal.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Must be proficient with Solid Works and AutoCAD.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Ongoing commitment to quality and safety.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact those that best meet our needs and qualifications.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, VTR Feeder Solutions is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
More search results
SYNCRUDE IS HIRING ENGINEERS
NB Power Chair in Smart Grid Technologies
The University of New Brunswick
Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering, Depar…
University of Calgary
Assistant Professor, Advanced Manufacturing, Depa…
University of Calgary
Emera Chair in Smart Grid Technologies
The University of New Brunswick (UNB)