- Imperial Oil
- Job Category
- Job Type
The Environmental Advisor is responsible for supporting refinery personnel in ensuring compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations. You can expect to provide environmental/ engineering advice on environmental aspects to support the day-to-day operations at the refinery, in one or more of the following areas: waste, water, air, wildlife, environmental impact assessments, regulatory compliance.
Examples of specific responsibilities:
- Develop and implement environmental standards and managing systems for the site, resulting in responsible environmental performance and compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Assist and guide operations personnel to ensure compliance with environment, health and safety regulations (approx. 100 regulations), permits and IOL internal standards
- Monitor and review developing legislation and coordinate refinery compliance with new legislation
- Obtain required environmental approvals for facility changes
- Interpretation and integration of environmental standards and regulations (ExxonMobil, IOL and government) into site projects, managing systems, work procedures and turnaround planning; includes interfacing with project design and execution teams to ensure standards properly integrated
- Maintain and update the site documentation of overview and detailed regulatory compliance directories
- Contribute to the environmental protection and regulatory compliance efforts at the refinery through internal managing systems
- Participate in the annual regulatory compliance assessment program for safety, health and environment regulations; report on findings and follow-up action progress
- Conduct routine Environmental field inspections/ surveys
- Keep safety, environmental performance, ethics and business controls as key focus areas
- Report on environmental performance data as required by both the Provincial and Federal governments, with accuracy and timeliness
- Ensure effective and accurate documentation of government reporting basis
- University degree in Environmental Engineering or another Engineering discipline with an Environmental major or concentration
- At least 5 years of environmental-related work experience, preferably in industry
- Knowledge of environmental managing systems and concept of due diligence, knowledge of federal and provincial environmental regulations
- Ability to read and interpret complex regulatory documents, and to write about technical matters in an understandable manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment; meet deadlines with accurate, well-documented and well-written reports
- Effective communications skills are required to deal with internal and external stakeholders
Start date: Q1, 2019
Location: Nanticoke, ON
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date) and one scheduled Friday off per month and five floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
- We are the 5,000 men and women of Imperial.
- At Imperial, Canada is more than a place to do business. It’s our home.
- For more than a century, we’ve strived to reach our high standards protecting the environment and maintaining operational excellence.
- Imperial employees strive to be preferred developers of Canada’s resources.
- Our continued success will be driven by a commitment to continuously innovate processes, training and technologies along with our ever-present respect for the communities in which we work.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: November 18, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
More search results
CAD Technician [2D and 3D]
Dr. G. Sauer & Partners Corporation
Etouch Systems Corp
Testing Engineer I