Team Leader, Facility Management
- Defence Construction Canada
- Wainwright, Alberta
- Job Category
- Engineering, Project Management
- Job Type
*Pre-approved relocation costs will be reimbursed up to a maximum amount**
Team Leader, Facility Management (Engineer), Team Leader, Real Property Management
If you’re an intermediate-level engineer or FM professional experienced in construction and facility management who is excited by the prospect of leading a team supporting facility operations and maintenance at a major Canadian Army facility, consider joining DCC.
Defence Construction Canada (DCC) provides timely, effective and efficient project delivery and full lifecycle support for infrastructure and environmental assets required for the defence of Canada. In particular, DCC provides contracting, construction, maintenance, environmental, project and program management, facilities management and professional services to support its Client-Partners—the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces (DND/CAF). The organization is founded on the values of dedication, collaboration, competence and fairness.
Tired of the city commute? Live in Wainwright and enjoy a five minute commute!
Wainwright offers both urban amenities and the family-oriented country lifestyle of the beautiful Battle River Valley. Known as the “Buffalo Capital of Canada,” it is a strong vibrant community of over 6,870 people, 600 of whom are at Camp Wainwright. Rich with health, educational and recreational facilities, Wainwright offers a well-rounded quality of life, as well as a full slate of social and cultural facilities and events. You will find yourself enjoying the state-of-the-art Peace Memorial Multiplex, with its twin hockey rinks, a walking track and climbing wall. And the Communiplex has a pool, weight training facilities, dance studio and much more. And that’s just indoors. Wainwright also maintains outdoor soccer fields, baseball diamonds, tennis courts, a quality 18-hole golf course and an extensive network of walking trails. Plus, Wainwright is also about 10-20 minutes from the Arm Lake, the Clear Lake and the Riverdale Park, where residents can camp, ride horses, canoe and kayak, fish and sail.
DCC’s Wainwright, Alberta, site office, is home to a multi-disciplinary team of more than 20 civilian professionals and administrators who support DND/CAF infrastructure and environment programs at Canadian Forces Base/Area Support Unit Wainwright, southeast of Edmonton. The base is home to the Canadian Manoeuvre Training Centre, which hosts the Canadian Army’s largest exercise each year, featuring more than 5,000 troops. The 3rd Canadian Division Training Centre, also on base, offers courses for soldiers and junior leaders, as well as the Bold Eagle summer program for Indigenous youth.
The Team Leader, Real Property Management, provides complex real property management services to support the delivery of the Client-Partners’ real property projects and programs.
- Managing a team of four or five professionals who collaborate with end users and industry partners to deliver an annual facility operations and maintenance program involving $10 million in contracted work
- Planning and developing contracted solutions for activities such as water treatment plant operations, and fire systems inspections, testing and maintenance
- Implementing construction and maintenance projects by developing scope documents, arranging for procurement and managing contractors on site
- Liaising regularly with clients, other DCC staff and various stakeholders to ensure program success
General and Specific Knowledge
- Best practices, methods, trends and legislation in facility management and maintenance
- Maintenance planning and assessment
- Project and risk management principles
Formal Education and/or Certification(s) and Experience
- Preferred: university degree in engineering / architecture / facility management and/or additional training in project management
- Minimum: college diploma in one of the above fields or related field with five years’ relevant experience, or the equivalent
- Use applicable computer software and operating systems
- Apply project and risk management techniques
- Demonstrate leadership and human resources management skills
Development and Leadership
- Lead and manage direct reports
- Provide functional direction and human resources management skills
- Typical office environment with occasional travel
- Some work may be located on construction sites; incumbent may occasionally be required to wear basic safety equipment
Please click here for a complete job profile
Salary Range: $75,867-$98,629 per year
To Learn More About the Town of Wainwright, please view the following links:
**Pre-approved relocation costs will be reimbursed up to a maximum amount**