CAD Technician [2D and 3D]
Dr. G. Sauer & Partners Corporation has a record of delivering high quality and innovative tunnel design solutions under tight programme controls by working efficiently with highly qualified and motivated team members.
Purpose of the role:
The CAD Technician is an integral part of the SEM Tunnel design team and is required to carry out a number of diverse tasks in delivering 2D and 3D design services for geometrically challenging Metro station developments.
Responsibilities and duties:
The CAD Technician will be responsible for the timely production of 2D and 3D design drawings and 3D CAD modelling for key tunnelling projects. Drawings will include plans, elevations, sections and details. In Dr. G. Sauer & Partners, drawing production is a team effort between engineers and draft men in which boundaries are fluent. Solid engineering knowledge is key for efficient communication in that partnership.
The principal duties are:
- Producing drawings accurately and efficiently according to the design brief.
- Producing drawings based on engineer’s sketches.
- Ensuring the drawings you produce are clear, consistent and unambiguous.
- Producing drawings which adhere to company and project CAD standards.
- Adherence to personal and companywide quality standards.
- Participate and embrace Dr. Sauer & Partners quality control procedures such as ISO 9001:2015, the Quality Management Plan and CAD Standards.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- 2D and 3D AutoCAD and Microstation experience demonstrated by portfolio of work.
- Certificate in computer-aided design, AutoCAD and AECOSim/Microstation.
- Certificate, or BSc in a Civil Engineering related discipline.
- Good representation, organisation and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of tunnel engineering and construction principles.
- 3D Knowledge is a precondition, BIM knowledge is advantageous.
- 1 - 3 tunnelling projects in an engineering and / or CAD role.