TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
Central to the success of TRIUMF are a host of accelerators: a 500MeV high intensity H- cyclotron, room temperature heavy ion linear accelerators, a superconducting heavy ion linac and three small cyclotrons for industrial and medical applications. TRIUMF’s RF Department is responsible for maintaining and providing services for all the radio frequency systems associated with the TRIUMF accelerators. In support of the department’s activities, we are currently recruiting a junior to mid-level Engineer who will provide LLRF engineering support for projects and operations, particularly in the areas of FPGA design and digital control systems. Specifically, you will
- Support reliable operation of the LLRF systems in consultation with RF/SRF Department system experts
- Act as the principle contact for issues concerning DSP and FPGA digital hardware and firmware systems
- Update and maintain procedures and configuration management of installed digital LLRF architecture, and upgrade existing TRIUMF installations as required
- Develop FPGA design for new LLRF systems, and providing specialized input in DSP and FPGA programming
- Completing documentation required by the TRIUMF QMS process, and supporting LLRF activities during fabrication and assembly
The position will require you to successfully complete the TRIUMF in-house radiation safety training course and be designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker.
We encourage you to explore this opportunity further if you possess the following abilities, knowledge, skills and training:
- Sound knowledge of LLRF principles, control theory, digital signal processing and associated technologies
- The ability to troubleshoot LLRF systems and design FPGA and DSP systems
- Good English communication and technical writing skills, and the ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A BSc in applied science or engineering discipline combined with at least 4 years of relevant engineering experience beyond graduation, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
TRIUMF offers a creative, diverse and inclusive team environment, located on the South campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC.
- a comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, basic life insurance, disability insurance, and defined benefit pension plan
- a competitive starting salary range of $55k - $77.6k per annum, dependent on your skills, experience, and qualifications
- an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
All qualified applicants will be given serious consideration, and in the case of equal qualifications, preference will be given to a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: Competition 668
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
4004 Wesbrook Mall
Canada V6T 2A3