Equipment Strategy Specialist
- Imperial Oil
- Sarnia, ON
- Job Category
- Job Type
As an experienced professional, your primary objective in the role of Fixed Equipment Strategy Specialist will be to coordinate, faciliate, and develop risk-based equipment strategies based on the fundamentals described in API 580.
Scope of responsibility:
- Facilitate the Fixed Equipment Strategy program
- Develop and update risk-based equipment strategies
- Facilitate equipment strategy work process including coordination and facilitation of multidisciplinary meetings
- Conduct equipment strategy development training of team members as necessary
- Monitor strategy consistency, quality and compliance with industry and company standards
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) degree in Materials or Mechanical Engineering
- Background in materials, either through experience or education, is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of inspection, fixed equipment or materials-related experience in the refinery or petrochemical industry
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards, such as ASME, ANSI, API and CSA
- Strong analytical skills
- An effective team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
Start date: November 15, 2018
Location: Sarnia, ON
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date), one scheduled Friday off per month and five floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: October 21, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.