Engineer in Training
In a supporting role, and under the guidance and leadership of the Senior Engineer and Engineer, the Engineer in Training will perform engineering duties by learning hands-on skills and knowledge building to provide interpretations to engineering codes and standards and developing essential business acumen and project management skills to influence and achieve the following activities:
- Reviewing the code requirements of client engineering designs.
- Engage and build cross-functional relationships with Technical Safety BC.
- Analyze engineering reliability and maintenance strategies for client-based assessments.
- Execution of engineering deliverables as assigned by the engineering services team.
- Analyzes engineering designs based off of engineering principles to assist in conducting assessments to safe design behavior and risk analysis.
- Develop a technical foundation, career growth opportunities, and becoming a successful key contributor at Technical Safety BC.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations, review engineering codes, and provide interpretations based on client needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences from an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution and Current registration as an EIT of British Columbia. Plus
- Min. 1 year of work experience that demonstrates application of knowledge in one of the following fields is considered to be an asset:
- Engineering consulting
- Engineering Operations at a production facility
- Maintenance Engineering at a production facility
- Project Engineering at an engineering consulting or owner/operator
- Engineering operations/facility projects at municipal, provincial, or federal governments.
- Determination to lead successful and value-added organization projects.
- Experience in performing engineering calculations in static equipment design (boilers, heat exchangers, piping, fittings, etc.) would be an asset
- Team player, respectful, patient, and ability to work in a dynamic and changing organization.
- Valid BC driver’s license and a clear driving abstract.
More search results
Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Imaging and Artif…
College of Engineering, University of Saskatchewan
Instructor/Senior Instructor/Professor of Teachin…
Assistant Professors in Manufacturing Engineering
CAD Technician [2D and 3D] with Microstation expe…
Dr. G. Sauer & Partners Corporation