Seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to support Imperial's Upstream business unit, overseeing integrity and reliability management of static equipment at Cold Lake. Individual will be located in Cold Lake, Alberta, and would report to the Programmatics Supervisor in Cold Lake, Alberta. The individual will work in a multi-discipline environment which interfaces regularly with Facilities Engineering, Operations, Regulatory, Maintenance and other Technical support teams.The candidate must have an Engineering degree and be in good standing with APEGA. Candidate must have active P.Eng status with APEGA and able to authenticate engineering work within their core discipline. The candidate must have a broad and extensive knowledge (> 5 yrs) of integrity and reliability programs on operating oil & gas static equipment.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Apply design knowledge and expertise to static equipment (tank, heat exchanger, pressure vessel, process fired heater, sumps, boilers and piping) to identify and mitigate potential reliability, safety, maintainability, or operational problems and ensure safe, reliable, and efficient operation.
- Provide technical direction and collaborate with all business units and operating sites, or other engineering groups to solve engineering problems. Interface with external regulators.
- Lead failure investigations and root cause analysis of discrete events. Steward program performance.
- Review and trend failure patterns to identify common root causes. Coordinate the reliability program. Steward program performance.
- Identify relevant integrity threats for static equipment and maintain their respective integrity programs. Steward program performance.
- Provide technical support and recommendations for internal and external coatings, chemical inhibition programs and cathodic protection systems.
- Perform engineering analysis for new designs, repairs, modifications, or determination of fitness-for-service.
- Conduct risk screening to identify and assess SSHE and business risk. Recommend measures to prevent and mitigate.
- Create continuous improvement recommendations to improve asset capability, safety, and operability through elimination of bad actors and/or improved equipment or component selection and innovation.
- BSc or MSc in Materials or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty and professional credibility
- Familiarity and direct experience with application of piping & tank regulations, codes and standards (CSA, ASTM, API, NACE, ASME, etc)
- Strong communication skills, including interface with internal and external stakeholders and contractors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Familiarity with Meridum, SAP, Tableau would be an asset
Start date: November 2018
Location: Cold Lake, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date), one scheduled Friday off per month and five floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.