Backend Integration Engineer
Are you an amazing developer looking to improve entire industry? For years, many restaurants have been using antiquated technology that severely lacks in terms of providing an excellent customer experience. The Presto tablet allows guests to order and pay without having to flag down or wait for a server. No more wondering if your food was ordered correctly or the days when you have to wait for a check. Our products help streamline and create efficiency in an industry that is ripe for innovation.
You should apply if you are someone who:
- 3+ years of experience.
- is a code guru in Python.
- Understands multithreading and queues.
- Writes reusable, testable, and efficient code (with a huge emphasis on testable code).
- Understands the concept of writing good integration APIs for user facing elements that are developed by front end developers.
- Understands best practices for security and data protection.
- Knowledge of AWS and frameworks for Python that integrate with AWS (Boto, Chalice).
- Experience designing APIs, and are a proponent of API-first development.
- Knowledge of database schemas.
- More specifically, you understand how to create schemas that translate well for technical requirements of a product as well as scalability for reporting frameworks.
- Strong unit test and debugging skillsUnderstanding of source code control tools (GIT is ideal and what we use!).
Love to Have:
- Python data science and machine learning libraries, such as SciKitLearn, Theano, NumPy, SciPy, and Panda.
- Django/Flask experience.
- Working with reporting frameworks and visualization tools, such as Tableau and Gensim.