TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We are currently accepting applications for an experienced Project Engineer who will have overall engineering responsibility for the construction of a state-of-the-art muon beam facility. This facility will provide researchers with unmatched capabilities for the study of quantum system, and the research performed will lead to improved understanding of materials in applications such as energy storage and green chemistry.
This is a "hands-on" leadership role in a dynamic environment, requiring the successful candidate to interact daily with project team members such as physicists, designers, engineers and technicians to devise plans, make key decisions, and solve problems. You will be involved in a major upgrade of the existing beamline and a new extreme environment experimental station, and will be responsible for the engineering requirements, design, procurement, manufacture, assembly, installation and commissioning of the project. Your other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining the project plan, budget and schedule
- Developing and documenting design concepts and engineering requirements, including design coordination with other disciplines
- Performing engineering calculations and analysis, and reviewing and approving technical documents such as specifications and drawings
- Directing mechanical designers and technologists for design and assembly work
- Chairing project meetings, reporting at progress meetings, and presenting at concept or design reviews
You will also be required to successfully complete the TRIUMF in-house radiation safety training course and be designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining this team and are looking to gain unique experience in a high profile national research facility, we encourage you to apply. During an interview you will be asked to elaborate to the hiring committee how your skills, training and experience match the following position requirements:
- Strong problem-solving skills and sound engineering judgement
- Proven technical documentation and engineering analytical skills
- The ability to be self-directed and prioritize, with a high attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- A BSc in mechanical engineering or engineering physics, combined with at least of 5 years of relevant and practical work experience
- Eligibility for registration as a P.Eng in the province of British Columbia
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to email@example.com and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: Competition 726
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Applications will be accepted until July 7th, 2019.
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.
More search results
Senior SEM Engineer
Dr. G. Sauer & Partners Corporation
Tenure-Track/Tenured - Assistant or Associate Pro…
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Bilingual Mechanical Engineer
Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture Endowed Chai…
College of Engineering, University of Saskatchewan