EMC Intermediate Engineer
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
About ESL Labs
ESL Labs’ product and material testing lab provides an extensive range of testing services delivered by a highly experienced and knowledgeable team that has been serving the testing requirements of the defense, marine, oil & gas, and aerospace industries for the past 40 years.
This foundation, combined with our focus on continuous improvement and exemplary customer service, has resulted in extensive success across multiple industries and markets. Our dedicated and resourceful team enables companies to meet stringent product qualification, certification, validation, and regulatory requirements.
Product and material testing, validation, and certification can occur throughout different stages of product development; ESL has the expertise and knowledge to advise on and support qualification needs throughout the development cycle to ensure that operational and market objectives are optimized.
ESL is looking to hire an Intermediate Electromagnetic Engineer to join our growing Dartmouth based team on a full-time basis. You will be reporting to the Senior EMC Project Engineer and Lab Manager as part of a vibrant and creative testing team.
In this job, you will take on a leadership role in operating a state-of-the-art semi- anechoic chamber and associated EM test facilities that address a very large and growing EMI/EMC testing need in Atlanta Canada and beyond. As the largest private military standard test facility in Canada, you will have exposure to a wide array of product performance needs and uses which will result in a varied and interesting work experience.
The role will include the following elements, balanced according to the evolving needs of the organization and our customers:
- Guide and assist junior staff in the configuration of the EMI test chamber and EMI test equipment for various EMI tests.
- Guide and assist junior staff to perform EMI tests, inspections, and calibrations.
- Oversee data processing – Verify, review, and document all pertinent data during EMI testing.
- Assist Senior EMC Project Engineer in operating and maintaining an EMI test facility to test defence, exploration, industrial, and commercial electronics.
- Maintain EMI lab by cleaning all equipment, keeping calibrated instruments current, and organizing supplies.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Prepare EMI test reports in MS Word or Acrobat.
- Assist the Senior EMC Project Engineer to prepare and revise EMC control plans, test plans and reports
- Develop procedures for in-house EMI testing capabilities.
- Oversee all aspects of maintaining EMI records, data, and files.
- Maintain a knowledge of the current EMI/EMC requirements and test methodologies.
- Pursue continuing education and professional development in the EMI/EMC technical field.
- Perform other related duties and staff functions as needed.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (university).
- Highly motivated and energetic with a driving desire to learn and deliver within committed timelines.
- Thorough understanding of and hands-on experience with DMMs, oscilloscopes, power supplies, and various RF measurement instruments and transducers (spectrum analyzers, EMI receivers, signal generators, network analyzers, power meters, RF amplifiers, antennas, current probes, and line impedance stabilization networks).
- Three years of EMI/EMC testing experience.
- Experience with MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, RTCA DO-160 and FCC/IC/IEC EMI/EMC standards is desirable.
- Knowledge of EMI mitigation, lightning protection, static protection, bonding, and grounding techniques is required.
- Able to obtain and maintain a Controlled Goods clearance.
- Proficient with basic office software, such as the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to HR@esl-labs.com.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
ESL respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate so in your application.
More search results
Industrial engineering technologist
Civil Design Engineer
Ayshkum Engineering Inc
Senior Review Engineer/Ingénieur principal, évalu…
Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
CAD/BIM SPECIALIST, FOR COWI IN NORTH AMERICA
Structural Assets Manager
Government of the Northwest Territories