CAD/BIM SPECIALIST, FOR COWI IN NORTH AMERICA
Do you want to join one of the leading engineering consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies worldwide? Can you add to our growth with your proven technical, planning, and organizational skills with the ability to coordinate a team? Then this could be the next step in your career!
Create Solutions that will enable a better tomorrow
To support our North American team, we are looking for a CAD/BIM Specialist to join us. You will be working closely with our team of Engineers, BIM Modelers, and BIM Coordinators. Your primary task will be directing our team and providing Building Information Modeling (BIM) expertise on numerous bridges, marine, and tunnel design projects.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the BIM Manager to estimate production cost and plan for a project
- Lead interdisciplinary coordination of BIM models in accordance with ISO 19650
- Oversee the process of 2D drawings production from 3D models
- Prepare and supervise a team to produce 3D models, 3D detailing, clash detection, staging, quantity determination, cost estimation, scheduling and engineering drawings (plans, elevations, cross sections, and details of bridge, marine, and tunnel structures from rough sketches or from general engineering design information according to established standards and procedures)
- Perform design/drafting assignments under the supervision of Engineers
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with other BIM Technicians and Engineers
- Supervise the team to ensure the quality of detailing is consistent with the Company's production and design standards
Your skills. Our team. Together we design the future
The first step to success in this role is that you are eager to collaborate with the people around you, whether they are colleagues, partners, or customers. Developing ties with others is something you do by acting respectfully and delivering on your promises. And you never get set in your ways but keep exploring new insights and ways to improve.
On top of that, you will have:
- Technical or vocational school education with an emphasis in BIM, along with at least 10 years of industry experience in drafting for bridges, tunnels, or marine structures design, or other infrastructure related structures
- Proficency with AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, and MicroStation OpenRoads
- At least 5 years of experience in BIM modelling with Revit
- At least 5 years of experience in clash detection with Navisworks
- Experience with BIM 4D and 5D modelling
- Knowledge of Grasshopper or Rhino (preferred)
- An ability to integrate with a team through to project completion
- Good independent decision-making skills with an awareness of when to draw on other’s experience and knowledge
- Working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques (preferred)
A place to work and so much more
At COWI, we work together with our customers to shape a sustainable and livable world. We do it by applying our knowledge and curiosity – and sometimes even our courage – to create the solutions the world needs today to enable a better tomorrow. That is why we say no to fossil-based projects and aspire to have 100 percent of our revenue come from activities that move our customers toward sustainability.
We value differences and development and cultivate an environment of belonging and having fun. Because that is what brings out the best in you, at work and at home.
With offices primarily located in Scandinavia, the UK, North America, and India, we are currently 7,300 people who bring their expertise in engineering, architecture, energy, and environment into play.
What we also offer:
Being part of the COWI community offers more than just a competitive salary. We take care of our people both professionally and personally.
Some of our benefits include:
Flexible working arrangement | Top-up parental and childbirth recovery leave | Fantastic close-knit team with a wealth of knowledge to share! | Full time hires get minimum 3 weeks vacation to start | Floating holiday to celebrate employee diversity | Paid sick leave | Annual Fitness spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, yoga or gym membership | Group RRSP program with company matching | Personal and .professional development fund | Parking or public transit allowance | Extended Health coverage with 100% of premiums paid by us | Employee Assistance Program (EAP) | STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance | Referral incentive program| Frequent social events
Base compensation: $85,000 to $117,000 for North Vancouver location. Actual compensation is subject to variations due to education, experience, skill set and/or location.
Got more questions?
Get to know us even better at our website, www.cowi.com, where you can learn more about our projects, our strategy, what we want to achieve and what life is like at COWI.
Equal opportunity employer
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Employer Legal Name: COWI North America Ltd.
Employer Operating Name: COWI North America
Employer Address (Main Office - Canada): 138 13th Street East, Suite 400, North Vancouver, BC V7L 0E5, Canada
Employment Location: 138 13th Street East, Suite 400, North Vancouver, BC V7L 0E5, Canada
Travelling Requirements: n/a
Position: CAD/BIM Specialist
Number of Openings: 1
Terms of Employment: Permanent Role, Full Time (at least 40 hours per week)
Language of Work: English
Compensation: $85,000 to $117,000
More search results
Industrial engineering technologist
EMC Intermediate Engineer
ESL Technology Inc.
Civil Design Engineer
Ayshkum Engineering Inc
Senior Review Engineer/Ingénieur principal, évalu…
Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Structural Assets Manager
Government of the Northwest Territories