Senior Fire Protection Specialist (NOC 21321)
- 203-346 Queen Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- $110,000 annual salary
- Job Category
- Job Type
Job Title: Senior Fire Protection Specialist (NOC 21321)
Hiring Company: Professional Loss Control Inc. o/a PLC Fire Safety Engineering
Business Address: 203-346 Queen Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick, E3B 1B2
Number of Available Positions: 2
Start Date: ASAP
Term of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent.
About the Role
Job title: Senior Fire Protection Specialist
Department: Engineering Services
Reports to: Regional Director
Job responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Have a clear understanding of the Engineering Services (Service Delivery) Procedure and Engineering Services Process Matrix
- Provide engineering expertise during preparation of project proposals for fire alarm, fire protection, and suppression systems
- Participate in the development of methodologies and evaluation tools with the project teams to support quality technical services
- Evaluate fire and life safety documents (engineering drawings, specifications, reports and other building documentation) for compliance with fire safety codes and standards
- Review fire protection and fire alarm design drawings to confirm code compliance
- Review Fire Protection Program needs and coordinates fire protection support agreements and pre-incident plans Perform hazard assessment software entry, data verification and testing
- Conduct site inspection to gather data as needed
- Perform engineering evaluations and analysis (fire hazard evaluations, consequence assessments, hydraulic analysis, etc.) and draw conclusions
- Prepare detailed technical reports based on the evaluations and findings
- Review and provide input to draft deliverable including reports, designs, calculations and analysis produced by Technical Lead
- Complete commissioning of fire alarm and fire protection systems
- Direct and coach and evaluate performance of technical staff on projects
- Provide technical support on projects as needed
- Participate and contribute in Project Debrief meetings
- Participate in Technical Services Committee meetings and other committees as assigned
- Complete assigned tasks related to committee activities
- Represent PLC at professional technical associations
- Prepare technical papers, articles and journals as needed
- Maintenance of professional competence and continuing education
- Support continuous improvement in QA program including QPIR initiation and resolution
- Participate in weekly resource allocation meeting
- Bachelors degree in Engineering – Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Masters degree in Fire Protection Engineering or Business Administration
- P. Eng. License is required. Unless already a license holder, the applicant must meet all minimum requirements stipulated by the governing bodies to be able to obtain the P. Eng license.
- NFPA CFPS certification, NFPA 101 Life Safety Code certification, or other Fire Protection Engineering certifications would be an asset.
- Project Management Certifications such as PMP
- 10+ years of experience in fire protection engineering with a focus on fire and life safety systems such as fire alarm, fire protection, and suppression systems.
- Active member of fire protection or other industry-related organizations such as NFPA
- Subject matter expert in one primary fire protection engineering service
- Establish and maintain positive client relationships, and internal team relationships.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents including design, drawings and specifications
- Working knowledge of building and fire codes and standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical reasoning
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to direct, manage and lead a team
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to operate independently as well as within a team environment
- Flexibility and superior time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to high pressure environments and adhere to critical deadlines
- Ability to prepare professional presentations and reports
- Soft skills ability in AutoCAD, MS Office, and Adobe.
Work Environment: Regular office environment. Client site inspection with PPEs in controlled environment at times.
Physical Requirements: Ability to cope with long periods of travel to project sites. There may be some exposure to heat, cold and radiation.
Equipment familiarity: Computer, calculator, camera and basic tools such as laser distance finder.
Travel: May travel to various unanticipated client sites (across Canada and internationally). Occasional travel to participate in AGM and other technical conferences and seminars as required.
Occasional contact (10-15%) with clients
Continuous contact (85-90%+) with project team
Degree of Autonomy: Works under minimal supervision
Wage: $110,000 annual salary. Hours, 7.5 hours per day or 37.5 hours per week, under certain circumstances work will dictate longer hours.
Benefits: Standard company benefits package and health insurance coverage plan are offered. Eligibility for other benefits including RRSP, training and education, will be in accordance with company policy. Entitled to performance based bonus.
Vacation: 3 weeks per year.
Location of Work: 203-346 Queen Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick, E3B 1B2
Contact: Grant Roach, Regional Director, Email: email@example.com
203-346 Queen Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick, E3B 1B2