GCT Canada is the largest terminal operator and maritime employer in the country. We are the major entry point for international trade in Canada, totaling over $2 billion in economic output each year. Operating on the West Coast for over a hundred years, with the support of our people, we played a major role in the development of the Asia Pacific Gateway.
We offer rewarding opportunities for team-oriented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment that are accountable, innovative, and driven to achieve challenging goals. We have an opportunity for a full-time regular Maintenance Superintendent reporting to the Manager, Maintenance within the Maintenance Department at GCT Deltaport.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting expertise for container handling equipment with an emphasis on container terminal cranes.
- Work closely with the maintenance and engineering team to support safe, efficient maintenance activities by ensuring all resources understand and follow appropriate methods, procedures, and techniques to successfully meet Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) standards and targets.
- Extensive ‘in field’ responsibilities to ensure work is being completed safely, as planned and on schedule.
- Lead and participate in daily activities to optimize the cost-effective inspection, maintenance, and utilization of equipment to achieve equipment availability and reliability requirements to meet operational demands.
- Implement and manage standard maintenance procedures. Review performance and compliance against maintenance standards and targets and policies.
- Identify opportunities to add value for our operation through efficiencies, availability, reliability, and continuous improvement.
- Plan and manage improvement projects.
- Work closely with the finance department to ensure budgets are maintained.
- Other duties as required.
- Salary range $115,200 - $180,000.
- 20% bonus target.
- Defined benefit pension plan.
- Competitive health, dental and disability benefits.
Education & Experience:
- Superior working knowledge of terminal crane systems and container cranes is essential. Extensive experience with ZPMC cranes and Konecranes is preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of mechanical maintenance and processes including:
- Container Crane Structures
- Power Transmission
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Computerized Maintenance Management
- Lean Six Sigma
- Exceptional problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, build alignment to common goals and achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Superior time management and organizational skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Working knowledge of Federal Workplace Health and Safety Legislation, environmental and government regulations as it relates to employee and company compliance; personal safety, chemical handling, and WHMIS.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within unionized environments.
- Shift flexibility related to 24/7 operation.
These capabilities have typically been developed through the completion of a post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Interprovincial Trades Qualification Certificate (or equivalent) and ten (10) years or relevant related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Model the Way – Leaders find their voice by clarifying their personal values and expressing them in a style that is authentically their own, and they set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
Inspire a Shared Vision – Leaders envision the future by imagining exciting and ennobling possibilities and enlisting others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations.
Challenge the Process – Leaders search for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change, grow, and improve. They also experiment and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes.
Enable Others to Act – Leaders foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust. They strengthen others by sharing power and discretion.
Encourage the Heart – Leaders recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence. They also celebrate values and victories by creating spirit of community.
GCT is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or medical history, disability, veteran status, and all other non-merit characteristics. Please feel welcome to advise us on your preferred pronouns in your application.
To take your career where tomorrow arrives today, visit our website for a more detailed job description: http://globalterminalscanada.com/content/careers. Click on Career Opportunities and apply online.
Safety. Pride. Professionalism.