Civil Project Engineer
SE Design and Consulting Inc. (SE Design) is a growing Civil / Municipal Consulting firm that provides engineering, project management, surveying, and consulting services primarily within the northeastern region of Alberta and Lakeland Region; and expanding throughout northern Alberta. We pride ourselves on being innovative and capable of tackling new challenges, developing long-term relationships with our clients, and bettering communities through quality project delivery and community engagement. We provide consulting services from project inception to completion, starting with the preliminary engineering, planning and concept phases, followed by detailed engineering design, tendering, and project and construction management, all with a client-centered, value-added, and cohesive approach. If you are looking for a long-term career working with a supportive and close-knit team of technical and professional staff where you can advance your career, then SE Design is for you. We believe in treating our employees like family and we offer unique benefits that enable a healthy balance between personal life and a rewarding and fulfilling career.
SE Design has a career opportunity for a Civil Project Engineer in our Edmonton, Alberta office.
The position is intended to provide engineering and technical support to assist in successful project delivery including:
- Utilize experience with project management, engineering design and approval of civil engineering works associated with municipal projects.
- Use Project Management methodology to ensure a high level of client satisfaction with SE Design’s consulting services.
- Anticipate client’s questions or concerns and keep ahead of any impacts to a client’s project to ensure on time delivery and client satisfaction.
- Effectually communicate technical terms and specifications to non-technical client audiences.
- Responsible for the design and approval of civil engineering works (grading, stormwater management, underground utilities and surface improvements) associated with municipal projects according to Provincial and Municipal standards.
- Review and investigate preliminary engineering options during the development planning process.
- Coordinate staff and sub-consultants for planning, legal survey, geotechnical, environmental and other consultant services.
- Preparation of cost estimates, tender contract documents and project reports.
- Utilize Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D for the review of engineering designs.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of SE Design’s team of technical and professional staff.
- Conduct site visits and client meetings, as required.
- Facilitate team meetings to foster efficient, effective, and timely project delivery to ensure that client satisfaction is achieved.
- Oversee the preparation of documentation and reporting developed by the technical team, to ensure accuracy of deliverables according to project requirements and effective client communication.
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of SE Design’s safety program and COR certification.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or Environmental Engineering program.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience with the design and approval of civil engineering works.
- P. Eng. status suitable for registration with APEGA.
- Are familiar with provincial and municipal standards for civil works including current design standards and technical specifications.
- Excellent communication skills, including teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Positive work ethic and adaptability to a variety of projects.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience managing and mentoring project staff.
- Committed to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Proven ability to develop a business; work in a variety of client settings and successfully develop a team of technical and professional staff.
- Excellent financial compensation and benefit packages commensurate with experience.
- Benefit package includes corporate RRSP matching, prescription drug coverage, dental care, long term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, AD&D and Family Assistance.
- Exposure to varied and extensive project work with the potential for steep career growth.
- Corporate training and advancement opportunities.
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our company visit our website at sedesign.ca.