Copy of Junior Estimating Engineer (NOC 2233)
Business: Martinrea International Inc.
Title: Junior Estimating Engineer (NOC 2233)
Terms of employment: Permanent, full time
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Location of work: Vaughan, Ontario
Benefits: Eligible for bonuses and/or salary increases along with disability insurance, dental insurance, employer provided pension and extended medical insurance.
- Leading development of complete manufacturing and tooling cost estimates;
- Finishing cost estimates based on preliminary engineering design and/or descriptive information;
- Identifying cost opportunities and solutions necessary to meet the required financial targets;
- Communicating with suppliers, obtaining RFPs/RFQs, and providing cost direction to the design and development team;
- Conducting studies and analysis related to the total estimating function;
- Maintaining cross-reference matrix of cost estimates for historical reference and reduce lead time for cost estimates
- Initiating and implementing continuous improvement suggestions;
- Providing technical mentoring for co-workers; and mediating conflicts between sales and manufacture groups.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering;
- Experience with cost estimates;
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as an Engineer in a manufacturing environment;
- Capability to work independently and reliably to meet deadlines
- Organizational, time management and written and verbal communication skills.