Manager, Infrastructure Policy, Planning and Analytics
THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF NORTH VANCOUVER
MANAGER, INFRASTRUCTURE POLICY, PLANNING AND ANALYTICS
The City of North Vancouver is the urban core of the beautiful North Shore and has a long-term vision to be “The Healthiest Small City in the World”, with five key priorities to be a City for People, a Resilient City, a Vibrant City, a Connected City and a Prosperous City.
The City’s Engineering, Parks and Environment department has an exciting opportunity for a regular full-time Manager, Infrastructure Policy, Planning, and Analytics. The Engineering, Parks and Environment Department is responsible for stewardship of the City’s engineering and public works infrastructure as well as City’s public spaces including parks, plazas, and natural areas.
We are looking for a results-oriented professional who can provide strong communication and organizational skills in a new role that focusses on managing technical and policy aspects of asset management practice related to municipal infrastructure and services. The role includes responsibility for a broad range of municipal infrastructure.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Advancing asset management practices throughout the organization including the creation and implementation of infrastructure specific asset management plans and technical standards;
- Overseeing long-term studies, data collection and analysis related to engineering infrastructure performance, condition assessment, capacity analysis, rehabilitation, and replacement;
- Developing and implementing policy and managing risk related to natural hazards and climate change
- Balancing community demands, regulatory requirements, service levels, and risk assessments to create annual financial plans and to inform long-range financial plans;
- Recommending and implementing policy, business process improvements, and performance reporting to support data-driven decision making;
- Adjusting the department’s policy directions to align with the evolution of community priorities as determined by City Council;
- Overseeing a broad scope of municipal engineering analysis and design services performed by both external consultants and in-house technical staff.
You have considerable related municipal engineering experience in a management, supervisory and administrative capacity along with a degree or diploma in a related discipline such as engineering, applied science, architecture, or business administration combined with recognized professional status in the Province of British Columbia. Critical to your success in this role will be your demonstrated application of technical knowledge combined with your ability to engage the varied stakeholder groups to move projects and initiatives forward. Advanced computer skills are essential and familiarity with public sector procurement as well as experience with Master Municipal Contract Documents (MMCD) are desirable. A PMP/Contract Administrator or similar certification would also be beneficial to the role. A Class 5 (or better) BC driver’s license is preferred.
During the recruitment process, applicants will be requested to provide a current Police Information Check (PIC). We offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package for this exempt position, including a compressed work schedule.
If you are passionate about making the City of North Vancouver an even greater place to live, work and play, apply online through the Career Portal at www.cnv.org. Applications will be reviewed after October 12, 2023. This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Thank you for your interest in the City of North Vancouver.
We respectfully acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional and unceded territories of the Sḵ wx̱ wú7mesh (Squamish) and Sə l̓ ílwə taɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. The City of North Vancouver is committed to Reconciliation with these Nations, who have lived on these lands since time immemorial.
Posting#: 2023-0144 September 14, 2023