Vice President - Glass Manufacturing
Name of Position: Vice President Glass Operations (NOC00015)
Employer: Canadian Premium Sand
Location: Selkirk, Manitoba
Salary: $230,000 per annum
Hours worked per week: 37.5
Overtime: to be compensated in keeping with provincial employment standards
Vacancy: 1 vacancy
Education Requirements: Degree in Engineering or related glass focused science or equivalent flat glass operational and business experience.
Language Requirements: English
Experience: Minimum 15 years of related operational experience in the flat glass industry, ideally patterned solar glass, with at least 5 years in an executive or senior leadership role.
Position Type: Permanent
Terms of Employment: permanent/full time
Start date: ASAP
• Office based position with shop floor presence when required
• Moderate travel requirements
• Work outside of normal office hours when operationally required.
• No requirement for physical labor
• Office integrated within the solar glass manufacturing facility complex in Selkirk, Manitoba
• 24/7 operation, 365 days per year
• VP Glass Operations is a member of the corporate executive team
• Responsible for own transportation to and from office location
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Proven leadership qualities
• Flexibility in work scope and work routine
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Performance and goal driven
• Committed to safe operations
• Police Information Check
• Post secondary education verification
• Acting as a technical resource, support the VP Project Engineering during the construction of the Company’s solar glass plant.
• Design and execute a staffing and training plan for the Solar Glass Manufacturing facility.
• Acts as first point of contact for local stakeholder relations during construction operations with the long-term goal of establishing ongoing positive stakeholder relations for the operating plant.
• Work with the CFO to develop the needed financial reporting structure including performance metrics.
• Work with the VP Corporate Development to build sales and pricing strategies and positive relationships with the Company’s customer base.
• Accountability for all facets of solar glass plant operations including budgeting, profit and loss, human resources, and financial controls.
• Ensure strict adherence to all health, safety, and environmental regulations.
• Responsible for development and continuous evolution of a positive and rewarding work environment for all personnel within area of accountability.
• Dental plan
• Disability benefits
• Health care plan
• Paramedical services coverage
• Vision care benefits
• Annual bonus plan
Typical work schedule is business hours, Monday to Friday. However, candidates are required to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends as operational requirements dictate.
Compensation: Please note that the base salary will be subject to the prevailing Manitoba labour regulations. Total compensation is comprised of base salary, objective based cash bonus plan and long-term equity-based incentive.
Corporate Head Office
2000, 715 5th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2X6
Solar Glass Manufacturing Facility
Selkirk, Manitoba (Formal address to be determined when facility construction commences)
HOW TO APPLY:
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org