TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
The Director, Facilities is a senior level leadership role responsible for the effective management and operation of conventional facilities at TRIUMF. This newly created position reports to the Chief Operating Officer/Deputy Director, Operations and is accountable for the leadership, strategic oversight, direction, and performance excellence for maintenance & operations of built facilities and related infrastructure as well as planning of new capital projects in accordance with TRIUMF’s strategic objectives and long-term plans. The Director, Facilities will have ultimate responsibility for ensuring optimal operation, maintenance and condition for all buildings, related equipment and grounds on the TRIUMF site.
The new Director, Facilities will be responsible for developing and maintaining a healthy, efficient and reliable working environment across the TRIUMF site including all buildings, grounds, parking lot and TRIUMF House and ensures conformance with all industry standards, regulatory requirements and obligations and quality and safety measures. Key accountabilities in facility management /stewardship include:
- Championing the development and implementation of standard operating procedures and record tracking capabilities for regularly scheduled and seasonal tasks and maintenance including janitorial services
- Overseeing space planning across the TRIUMF site with experience in construction management and an understanding of lease contractual obligations, building codes and design guidelines
- Spearheading the definition of requirements, selection and implementation of a new asset management system for TRIUMF resulting in the creation of a road map outlining an approach for optimal life-cycle stewardship and management of infrastructure assets site-wide
- Managing financial resources to meet the goals and objectives of the Facilities Group in conjunction with TRIUMF’s strategic and operating plan and overseeing proper & timely forecasting, tracking, scheduling, reporting and management of site spending, maintenance and budgets
- Directing, guiding and managing a team of multi-disciplinary professionals responsible for operations, maintenance and service delivery to TRIUMF and its users
- Promoting an, equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce and supporting continuous learning and professional development with demonstrated capacity to coach and mentor team
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of driving facilities excellence through adoption of best practices including continuous improvement and technology solutions, promoting a strong safety culture and instituting a keen customer service focus.
Other requisite qualifications include:
- A Master's degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Engineering, Business Administration
- Professional designation e.g. Certified Facility Manager (CFM) or Facility Management Administrator Designation (FMA) would be an asset
- 10-15 years of experience in progressively more complex and senior leadership roles
- Experience in managing operating and capital budgets including budget preparation, strategic and capital plan development
- Competency in compiling, analyzing, evaluating and interpreting financial, statistical and engineering data and developing detailed written reports
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by Email to email@example.com and will include the following in one complete PDF file
- Subject line: Competition 711
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Applications will be accepted until May 31st, 2019.
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.