Senior Project Engineer
- Orano Canada Inc.
- Saskatoon, SK
- Job Category
- Job Type
Senior Project Engineer
The Engineering and Projects group, based in Saskatoon, SK, is committed to safely delivering high-quality projects to achieve the targeted benefit for Orano Canada Inc. (OCI). Targeted benefits include securing return-on-investments, sustaining existing assets and/or achieving improvements in the areas of environmental stewardship and personnel and public safety. The Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for completing both project management duties and applying robust engineering principles to a diverse portfolio of assigned projects while working within a collaborative and transparent team environment.
- Lead small, medium and potentially large, multidisciplinary projects from concept through turnover, to and in support of, the McClean Lake operation, to secure the targeted benefits.
- Inspire and support project managers across OCI in strong project management practices while challenging them to improve on each subsequent project.
- Apply OCI-defined project management methods and strategies (Scope Management, Stakeholder Management, Schedule Management, Cost Management, Risk Management, Quality Management and Procurement Management) which are fit for purpose for individual projects with respect to scale, complexity and importance.
- Monitor, measure and forecast project health, including KPIs and compliance, for assigned projects by working closely with Stakeholders across the organization and external to the organization including engineering consultants and construction contractors.
- Prepare and/or review equipment specifications, data sheets and tender documents for procurement of equipment including expediting orders to facilitate installation and construction.
- Contribute to the design, evaluation, negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Ensure systems meet technical specifications, adherence to industry and internal standards, and that required regulatory and QA/QC requirements are met.
- Embrace and promote Operational Excellence and OE culture.
- Comply with all Orano health, safety and environmental policies, practices and procedures
- Promote and adhere to Orano Canada’s values: Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Respect and People Development, Cohesion and Team Spirit, and Exemplarity, Integrity, Responsibility
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- 10+ years of experience managing and/or controlling industrial projects
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Preference will be given to incumbents with an industrial, process and/or mechanical background for technical support of projects
- Experience working within or with other medium to large-scale mining and processing organizations is considered an asset
- A proven ability to foster and maintain good working relationships within all departments in an organization
- A proven ability to support multiple concurrent initiatives with a variety of unique stakeholders
- A proven ability to innovate and challenge engineered solutions developed by others
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Work Location & Schedule:
- Saskatoon Corporate Office; Travel to Orano mine or project sites is required with varying frequency and
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s pre-employment checks including education verification and employment reference checks.
Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Apply online at www.orano.group/jobs/en by June 13th, 2023.
Job #: 023-081-S