- Global Container Terminals Canada LP
- Delta, BC
- Job Category
- Job Type
GCT Canada is the largest terminal operator and maritime employer in the country. We are the major entry point for international trade in Canada, totaling over $2 billion in economic output each year. Operating on the West Coast for over a hundred years, with the support of our people, we played a major role in the development of the Asia Pacific Gateway.
We offer rewarding opportunities for team-oriented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment that are accountable, innovative, and driven to achieve challenging goals. We have an opportunity for an Engineering Superintendent within the Engineering Department at GCT Canada.
- Plan and manage capital projects, including factory inspections and FAT.
- Review equipment performance against specifications, functional operation, and engineering standards.
- Participate in engineering rotation on call 24/7 terminal support.
- Identify opportunities to add value for our operation through efficiencies and continuous improvement.
- Provide technical expertise and advanced troubleshooting where appropriate.
- Develop and conduct training courses for ILWU and GCT staff.
- Continuous improvement though self-learning and external training courses.
- Good working knowledge of industrial controls and systems with:
- GE, TMEIC
- Allen Bradley
- IFM R360
- Bus networks
- ProfiBus, ASI, CanBus, ProfiNet
- ABB AF100, AB Remote I/O
- Ethernet, RS232,RS485
- ABB & AB HMI
- Cimplicity HMI
- Power Electronics
- ABB AC & DC drives systems
- Konecrane AC drive system
- GE AC & DC drive systems
- Power systems
- Generator systems
- 69 KV, 12.47 KV, 4,16 KV
- Mechanical systems
- Gear boxes
- Hoisting systems
- Bearings, steel wheels, sheaves
- Crane structures
- Trolley & Gantry wheels
- Crane rail, side thrust rollers
- Wire ropes
- Crane components and Devices
- Cable reels
- Operator controls
- Crane braking systems & rail clamps
- Festoon systems
- Cable chains
- Monitoring systems and switches
- Laser scanners
- ABB TPS & LPS systems
- Remote control stations
- Industrial camera networks
- Industrial lighting systems
- Canadian Electrical code expertise, FSRA certification preferred.
- Knowledge of crane systems and container cranes is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Shift flexibility related to 24/7 operation.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Working knowledge of CLC HRSDC/WorkSafe BC, environmental and government regulations as it relates to employee and company compliance; personal safety, chemical handling, and WHMIS.
- Experience working within unionized environments.
- The ability to work at either of our two Lower Mainland terminal locations.
These capabilities have typically been developed through the completion of a post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Engineering Technology, B.C. Trades Qualifications Certificate (or equivalent) with an electrical or mechanical engineering background; or an equivalent combination of education, operations training and experience in a related discipline.
- Model the Way – Leaders find their voice by clarifying their personal values and expressing them in a style that is authentically their own, and they set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
- Inspire a Shared Vision – Leaders envision the future by imagining exciting and ennobling possibilities and enlisting others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations.
- Challenge the Process – Leaders search for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change, grow, and improve. They also experiment and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes.
- Enable Others to Act – Leaders foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust. They strengthen others by sharing power and discretion.
- Encourage the Heart – Leaders recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence. They also celebrate values and victories by creating spirit of community.
GCT Canada is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or medical history, disability, veteran status, and all other non-merit characteristics. Please feel welcome to advise us on your preferred pronouns in your application.
To take your career where tomorrow arrives today, visit our website for a more detailed job description: http://globalterminalscanada.com/content/careers. Click on Career Opportunities and apply online.
Safety. Pride. Professionalism.