Mechanical Engineer - Vacuum
TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We are currently accepting applications for a talented Mechanical Engineer to join TRIUMF and initially work on the ARIEL project. The Advanced Rare Isotope Laboratory (ARIEL) is TRIUMF’s flagship multidisciplinary research facility. This world-class facility will broaden Canada’s research capabilities in particle physics, nuclear physics, nuclear medicine, and materials science. This is exciting and innovative work that provides engineering support to particle accelerator development and operation in the area of vacuum systems.
TRIUMF is interested in you if you have experience in one or more of the following;
- Experience working with ANSYS design software
- Experience with the full mechanical engineering design cycle, applying rigorous mechanical engineering principles to drive a project from conception to prototyping and through to completion
- A working knowledge of mechanical systems and familiarity with standards and codes such as ASME Boiler & High-Pressure Vessel Code, ASME B31, and Industrial Safety practices
- An understanding of vacuum and cryogenic techniques and related equipment
Our ideal candidate will have strong communication and planning skills, a demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team, and will possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or a related engineering discipline
- Eligibility for registration with Engineers & Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC)
- At least 3-5 years of relevant industry experience after graduation
- Willingness to complete the TRIUMF in-house radiation safety training course and be designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, flexible working hours, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high-profile national research facility.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: Competition 708
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Application closing date: May 17th, 2019.
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.
More search results
Facilities Electrical Engineer
University of Saskatchewan
Staff Engineer - React, Node.js, AWS
5th Class Power Engineer
New Beta Innovation Canada Limited