Director, Commercial Management (Rapid Transit) - Contract
Employee Status: Regular
Bargaining Unit: Non-Union
Pay Range: $147,720 - $209,920
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
Closing Date: 26-Mar-2023
Contract up to 8 months
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
At Metrolinx, equity, diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values of serving with passion, thinking forward and playing as a team.
Our Rapid Transit Office looking for a two Director’s, Commercial Management to lead the development and implementation of Commercial Management strategies for the team and the development of policies, systems and practices to achieve optimal return on investment.
What will I be doing?
• Direct and lead the commercial management team, throughout the lifecycle of all contracts/ projects, and ensures there are effective and efficient policies, procedures and best practices in place to establish and maintain that function.
• Lead the development and implementation of appropriate commercial management plans and strategies.
• Communicate expectations and obligations through Senior Executives and managers, and monitors and reports on performance
• Work collaboratively with senior officials and staff to develop collaborative approaches in defining requirements, addressing operational policy/project planning issues
• Participate in senior management team meetings, presentations, and committees
• Direct a team of commercial management professionals to achieve performance objectives
What Skills and Qualifications Do I Need?
• Completion of a degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a related discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
• Minimum ten (10) years' related experience in a public transportation development, operational or construction environment with experience and measured success in the application of commercial management methodology in the context of multi-million-dollar projects; experience in the transportation industry and public sector is preferred.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation, procedures, professional or technical practices and precedents
• Knowledge of regulatory, legislation, building codes, legal, and financial issues and government bodies, external agencies, and partnering transit organizations involved in developing public transportation systems, knowledge of construction engineering principles and best practices.
• Negotiation and interpersonal skills coupled with strong political acuity are essential.
• A valid driver's license is required to travel to different project locations, public meetings, etc. Must meet and maintain the corporate standard for a good driving record.
• Licensed Professional Engineer recognized by the Province of Ontario (P.Eng.), Chartered Management Accountant (CMA), Canadian Rail Operating Rules (CROR) certification would be an asset.
Don’t Meet Every Requirement?
If you’re excited about working with Metrolinx but your past experience doesn’t quite align with every qualification of this posting, we encourage you to apply. You just might be the right candidate for this or other roles. We are always looking for great talent to join our team.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, women, people with disabilities, and people with diverse gender identities, expressions and sexual orientations.
We value the unique skills and experiences each person brings to Metrolinx and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. We are committed to the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act so if you require accommodation during the hiring process, please let our Recruitment team know by contacting us at: 416-202-5601 or email email@example.com.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WE ARE AN EQUITABLE AND INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER.