Founded in 1899, St. Andrew’s College (SAC) is an independent, all-boys university preparatory school for Grades 5-12. Located 40 minutes north of Toronto, SAC’s 126-acre campus is home to a mix of 650 boarding and day students from 25 countries. As set out in our mission statement, SAC’s rigorous academic program is complemented by a wide range of co-curricular activities designed to develop “the complete man and well-rounded citizen.” All boys participate in the extensive athletic program (71 teams across 22 sports) and the 116-year-old Cadet Corps. Graduates gain entry to top universities in Canada, the U.S., and abroad and are part of a network of 6,000 Old Boys around the world. To find out more, visit our website at www.sac.on.ca
We invite applications for a full-time opportunity at St. Andrew's College in the role of 4th CLASS OPERATING ENGINEER. The Operating Engineers work as a team on rotational basis with oversight for the operation and maintenance of full campus mechanical, electrical, and heating systems over a 24-hour, 7-day week shift schedule.
The primary responsibilities of an Operating Engineer include:
- Maintain day to day operation of physical plant equipment (steam boiler, swimming pool, arena) and all other mechanical and electrical systems
- Operate and maintain all life safety systems
- Inspect, report, and log maintenance issues
- Perform minor electrical, mechanical, and building repairs
- Operate alarm system
- Maintain fire equipment
- Occasionally assist outside rental groups
- Ensure buildings are locked after hours
We seek candidates with the following credentials:
- 4th Class Engineer Certificate required
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts in a 24/7 operation
- Basic electrical and mechanical skills and knowledge of safe use of hand and power tools
- Good knowledge of heating systems and pool operation
- Class G driver’s license is necessary
- AED/CPR level C and First Aid certification
- Ability to work independently
- A current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary
- Confirmation of vaccination or valid medical and/or religious exemption
To express interest in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position title Operating Engineer in the subject line of your email.
St. Andrew’s College has long been committed to ensuring our boys learn how to engage appropriately with others in the community so that they can develop healthy, meaningful, and sustained human relationships. Our policies and programs speak to the necessity for schools to be inclusive and to enact proactive approaches to interrelationships. As an employer we model and value equity, diversity, and inclusivity. By extension, we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 905-727-2580.
At St. Andrew’s College we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe school environment for all. Consistent with this commitment, the school has established a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees and students to be vaccinated from COVID-19. Exemption to this policy is based on medical condition. In addition, employees must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
More search results
SENIOR ENGINEER/SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
City of Toronto
Director, Commercial Management (Rapid Transit) -…
Urban Systems Ltd.
Associate Professor in Energy Conversion for Prop…
Chalmers university of technology
Professor, Engineering (Sustainable Building Scie…