TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
Currently, we are seeking a mid-level Project Engineer who will have overall responsibility for the coordination of the engineering design, components, procurement, manufacture, assembly, installation and commissioning of the Muon Beam Facilities project. The position is offered for a 3-year term and as the successful candidate you will take on a “hands-on” leadership role in a dynamic environment, interacting daily with physicists, designers, engineers and technicians to make plans, decisions and solve problems. Your specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining the project plan, budget and schedule
- Developing and documenting design concepts and engineering requirements
- Performing engineering calculations and analysis, and reviewing and approving technical documents such as specifications and drawings
- Directing mechanical designers and technologists for design and assembly work
- Charing project meetings, reporting at progress meetings, and presenting at concept or design reviews
You will also be required to successfully complete the TRIUMF in-house radiation safety training course and be designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining this team and are looking to gain unique experience in a high profile national research facility, we encourage you to apply. During an interview you will be asked to elaborate to the hiring committee how your skills, training and experience match the following position requirements:
- Strong problem-solving skills and sound engineering judgement
- Proven technical documentation and engineering analytical skills
- The ability to be self-directed and prioritize, with a high attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- A BSc in mechanical engineering or engineering physics, combined with at least of 5 years of relevant and practical work experience
- Eligibility for registration as a P.Eng in the province of British Columbia
TRIUMF offers a creative, diverse and inclusive team environment, located on the South campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive starting salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to email@example.com and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: Competition 662
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations and the position you are applying for
Applications will be accepted until 2018-08-24