Manager, Housing Projects
Manager, Housing Projects
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation
The Manager, Housing Projects is responsible to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team of professional headquarter and district project staff providing project management for the initiation, planning, development, implementation, day-to-day operation, and monitoring of the Corporation’s Infrastructure Capital Plan, the disposal plan, environmental liabilities, and special projects. This position is also responsible for tracking, monitoring, and reporting on the Corporations’ minor capital and homeownership project delivery.
This position is located in the finance and Infrastructure Planning Branch in Yellowknife and reports to the Director, Infrastructure Planning. The duties of the position impact the Corporation’s five District offices, 23 Local Housing Organizations (LHOs), all project contractors, individual homeownership clients and Authorities Having Jurisdictions. The incumbent assumes a leadership role in all phases of planning and implementing housing projects.
This position has overall responsibility for planning headquarters, Districts and LHO infrastructure housing projects. The incumbent is also responsible for tracking, monitoring, and reporting to Senior Management on the delivery of over $45 million annually in major and minor capital projects including the delivery of the Corporation’s disposal plan, environmental liabilities and special projects (such as alternative energy projects) and over $7million of homeownership projects annually.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of project management process in a northern environment;
- Excellent negotiating skills to manage large complex projects and deal with contractors and consultants;
- Expert knowledge of northern construction practices and northern community life;
- Excellent estimating and financial skills to develop and control budgets for capital and O&M projects;
- Analytical skills to evaluate project results against objectives;
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills to solve and initiate corrective action to problems encountered during the project management process.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
Degree in Engineering or Architecture with ten (10) years of experience in project management, five (5) of which would include supervisory experience and five (5) of which would be in a northern environment. Equivalencies will be considered.
For more information, or to submit an application, please visit: www.gnwtjobs.ca.
The salary range for this position is from $56.15 per hour to $67.03 per hour (approximately $109,493 - $130,709.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,450.