- Molycop Canada
- Kamloops, BC
- Job Category
- Job Type
At Molycop, we value and empower our employees because your success is our success. We’ve built a
business culture that seeks to employ diverse, talented, and dedicated men and women that continue to
learn and grow with us to create a better future. Through nurturing potential and offering world-wide
opportunities, we believe everyone at Molycop has the chance to be fulfilled in their job.
Molycop produces Grinding Media for the North American Mining industry at its Kamloops facility
located 15km east of Kamloops on Highway 1. Molycop Canada offers industry competitive wages and
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Engineer will provide technical process engineering support to
the daily operations of Molycop Canada’s production facilities. The Plant Engineer will also be involved
with capital project planning and implementation.
• Work effectively with operations and maintenance to make continuous improvements to plant
safety, reliability, and efficiency.
• Lead, develop, and implement projects according to the capital project plan and current
• Perform routine tasks of a plant engineer independently, such as planning, initiating, and
managing routine operations troubleshooting and projects to improve Molycop Canada.
• Coordinate work performed by outside contractors, vendors, and engineering consultants.
• Review and recommend improvements to standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and job safety
• Responsible for process improvement and optimization, performing root cause analysis on
process issues as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• Professional Engineer or working towards a Professional Engineer designation recognized by
EGBC or APEGA
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Process Engineering role within maintenance, operations, or plant
• Understanding of lean manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement applications in
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
We thank all applicants who apply but only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Application form: Plant Engineer (142kb) (the link will open in a new window)