Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation Engineer
Operations, Maintenance & Rehabilitation Engineer – term ends March 31, 2023
The Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA) is a federal Crown corporation located in Windsor, Ontario. The WDBA’s mandate is to design, construct, finance, operate and maintain the new Gordie Howe International Bridge between Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan. The project includes four components: a six-lane bridge; a Canadian port of entry (POE); a U.S. POE; and an interchange with U.S. Interstate 75. More information about the WDBA can be found at www.wdbridge.com.
This position will be responsible for reviewing and coordinating the design and construction work from the maintenance and operation perspectives. In this capacity, the position deals with both the administrative functions and technical aspects of structures and roadway Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation and (OMR). This position is also required to oversee operational readiness aspects of the GHIB.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Assist construction team during construction and manage operations and maintenance contracts and Site visits for compliance verification during construction; attend as necessary Owner Engineer / Project Co Operation and OMR work related meetings.
- Review of Project Co. design submissions from an OMR perspective and provide advice on the financial and technical long-term impact of each submission. Review the life cycle analysis report provided by Project Co. and make recommendations to Director and the Design Review Team
- Review asset management systems for long term maintenance of buildings, infrastructure and systems
- Liaise with MDOT, municipalities and agencies related to OMR functions
- Oversee commissioning process for buildings, infrastructure and systems and ensure procedures for project start up are established
- Provide input to the WDBA financial team regarding GEC and Project Co. invoices
- Ensure maintenance of existing roads under control of Project Co. are properly addressed and oversee traffic management aspects of construction
Competencies and Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng) in Ontario or P.E. in Michigan
- A minimum of 10 years’ management experience in construction of major infrastructure projects, preferably in the role of Operations and Maintenance
- Proven experience managing operations and maintenance contracts
- P3 experience is an asset
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Sound professional judgment, initiative and the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities, with exceptional attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with complex, multi-disciplinary issues involving Third Party agencies, governments, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- The position will be based on site
- Travel within Ontario and Michigan
- Ability to obtain a Government of Canada Personnel Screening/ Security Clearance
Salary $87,867 - $107,393 plus benefits and pension package
Relocation assistance may be provided, if required
Qualified applicants may email their resume to email@example.com up to and including Tuesday, July 24, 2018. Please quote file #WDBA-066-EC. Resumes must be submitted electronically and will only be accepted in MS Word or PDF format.
Although all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.