- Imperial Oil
- Calgary, AB
- Job Category
- Job Type
- Develop detailed designs for annual soil salvage and reclamation activities.
- Provide strategic oversight of annual salvage, stockpile, and reclamation activities, including management of soil monitors, during project execution.
- Ensure Kearl’s annual reclamation commitments and compliance requirements are achieved.
Examples of specific responsibilities:
- Develop detailed site specific soil salvage and reclamation plans
- Administration of the Soil Salvage Manual
- Manage site based soil salvage and reclamation monitoring contractors
- Develop scope of work documents
- Cost and schedule stewardship
- Daily surveillance monitoring
- Reclamation Material Stockpile (RMS), including coarse woody debris, management and tracking
- Act as the ‘gatekeeper’ for the RMS, ensuring that the reclamation and closure plan goals are being achieved
- Track as-built volumes of each pile and reconcile monthly volumes from contractors
- Assess RMS dimensions quarterly for compliance
- Review RMS Annual Performance Reports
- Support development of RMS configurations, access ramps/roads, and communicate footprints, design specifications and designs to the project groups
- Maintain the RMS database
- Prepare Annual Surface Disturbance Report Submission to the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER)
- Prepare Annual Reclamation Progress Tracking Report Submission to AER
- Prepare Annual Soil Salvage and Placement Plan Submission to AER
- Manage the pre-disturbance soil database (Access and GIS formats) and support the annual soil survey field program
- Oversee the Vegetation Management Program and License of Occupation (LOC) Assessments
- Assist with development and execution of erosion control and temporary reclamation opportunities
- Review earthworks scope of work for reclamation projects
- Support updates to the reclamation resources report
- Other miscellaneous duties to support soil salvage and reclamation at Kearl
- BSc, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mine Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Reclamation
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Start date: Q3 2018
Location: Calgary, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Early Professional Development Program - provides you with the opportunity to specialize in a specific area of expertise or develop skills in a variety of different areas. You will quickly be given large areas of responsibility and will be encouraged to take on stretch assignments as you progress.
- Competitive vacation package - provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date), one scheduled Friday off per month and five floating days annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: July 15, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
More search results
Copy of Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Imaging a…
College of Engineering, University of Saskatchewan
Canada Research Chair
University of Saskatchewan
Chief Technical Officer
Genoa Design International
Director, Regional Process Engineering / Directeu…
Canada Post/Postes Canada