Field Construction Engineer
- Imperial Oil
- Kearl Oil Sands, AB
- Job Category
- Job Type
The successful candidate will be a member of a team that is responsible for the technical performance of the Kearl Oil Sands Mine.
Construction engineering aspects of this role include:
- Key interface between technical Civil design team and field execution team
- The coordination, optimization and stewardship of mine construction in support of short/medium/long range mine plans, including annual business plans and budgets.
- Technical guidance and quality oversight
- Analysis, evaluation and prioritization of mine civil construction projects
- Construction performance monitoring and optimization
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory, geotechnical, and reclamation requirements
- Safety leadership
- Participating in safety, health and environmental assessments
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with other project functions, stakeholders, and departments
- Promote a continuous improvement mind set
- Coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- BSc, Mine Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Approximately 10 years of experience in civil/geotechnical/mining engineering or construction coordination preferred, preferably in oil sands mining
- Preference for candidates who are registered or eligible to register as a professional geologist, engineer or EIT in Alberta
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with AutoCAD and any commercial mine planning software package would be an asset
- Available for site-based role (10 days on/10 days off, fly-in/fly-out )
Start date: Q3 2018
Location: Kearl Site
- This position will be a full time fly-in, fly-out role to Kearl site from either Calgary or Edmonton. Relocation assistance to Calgary or Edmonton is available if required. Bus transportation is also available to Kearl site from Fort McMurray at the beginning and end of each shift rotation for Fort McMurray residents.
- Kearl-based positions will typically be 10 days on and 10 days off (note: shift rotations start and finish with a partial day shift).
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date)
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: July 15, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.