- Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- London, Ontario
- Job Category
- Job Type
Are you a results-oriented professional with a passion for highway engineering projects?
If so, bring your project management skills and specialty transportation planning, design and construction knowledge to this exciting role with the Provincial Highways Management division, Ministry of Transportation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
• Manage a variety of preliminary and detailed-design highway improvement projects.
• Acquire and administer engineering consultants.
• Liaise and work with ministry staff, senior management, internal stakeholders, external agencies, municipalities, developers, consultants and the public.
• Lead public consultation programs.
• Resolve planning and engineering issues.
Note: You must be able to travel to areas not accessible by public transit.
How do I qualify?
• You are a Professional Engineer, licensed with the Association of Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
Leadership, Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You have well-developed leadership skills to assign and schedule work.
• You have proven oral and written communications skills to write reports and present proposals, recommendations and provide expert evidence.
• You have proven effective interpersonal and relationship management skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, senior officials and the public.
Highway Construction and Design Knowledge
• You have thorough knowledge of theories, principles and practices of civil engineering practices related to highway engineering.
• You have working knowledge of related fields, including geotechnical, pavement design, structural, drainage, surveys, electrical, traffic and construction practices.
Project Management and Analytical Skills
• You have project management skills and experience to manage projects, including acquisition and management of consultants and to lead multi-disciplinary teams to successful results.
• You have sound analytical skills and good judgment to assess and recommend solutions to problems in terms of applicable legislation, engineering quality, economic benefit and environmental impact.
• You have demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
Salary Range: $74,297 - $99,178 per year
- 3 Permanent, 659 Exeter Rd, London, West Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 123581, by Thursday, June 21, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
SYNCRUDE IS HIRING ENGINEERS
NB Power Chair in Smart Grid Technologies
The University of New Brunswick
Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering, Depar…
University of Calgary
Assistant Professor, Advanced Manufacturing, Depa…
University of Calgary
Emera Chair in Smart Grid Technologies
The University of New Brunswick (UNB)