Junior Project Engineer (Electrical)
- Assist with the development of Engineering Check-out, Equipment Acceptance Testing, Start-up/Validation documents,
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate project activities; track critical path milestones, accomplishments and results. Ensure that end-to-end project planning, risk identification, dependency tricking, issues identification / escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately utilizing best practice project management standards
- Lead Installation activities at client sites to ensure proper installation of all intended project designs. Manage contractors and enforce client safety measures.
- Support site start-up team and troubleshoot issues when they arise. If required, work with vender technicians to remediate issues.
- Working knowledge of basic electrical machines and instrumentation. Understanding of basic electrical requirements for Industrial Control applications.
- Understanding controls integration necessary between various machines and equipment within a process. Appreciation for power and controls requirements for motors and instrumentation in differing Industrial Area classifications.
- Build relationships with senior leaders and other Program/Project owners; Interact with, prepare materials for, and present to Senior Management as required
- Gather and provide management with needed information and metrics. This will include:
- Extract/compare/maintain/analyse data
- Provide guidance to and mentor other team members
- Results orientated; ability to commit to and follow initiatives through to completion
- Able to work flexible hours and multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic, high-pressured environment - managing changing priorities and tight deadlines.
OTHER ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proven team member of multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to be detail oriented and also to summarize status / issues / recommendations - producing quality deliverables
- Demonstrate highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and team building skills; Able to partner with and lead people with different personalities and responsibilities, demonstrating conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills to drive the decision making process; Adaptive; Confident; Persuasive; Proactive;
- Accountable; Enthusiastic
- Follow job guidelines as described in the DANMARE practice and procedure manual.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed for DANMARE. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Recommend, manage, and implement efforts to streamline the organization’s processes and establish best practices.
- Treat all DANMARE information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and abide by office policies and procedures.
- Informs Principal of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks. This may be done through reading and continuing education.
- Promptly inform DANMARE management of any change in customer status or any information on customer business which may affect DANMARE’s relationship with the customer or with work in progress.
- Advanced capabilities in quantitative and data analysis; Proven ability to conduct research/analysis, organize and interpret findings, and build presentations that facilitate Senior Management decision making
Education: Bachelor of Engineering or Engineering Technician/Technologist equivalent
Experience: The ideal candidate will have 2 – 5 years previous project design, installation and start-up experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write effective, high-quality emails and documents
- Time management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal, collaborative, and team building skills; Able to partner with and lead people with different personalities and responsibilities, demonstrating conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills to drive the decision making process; Adaptive; Confident; Persuasive; Proactive;
- Accountable; Enthusiastic
Software Application and Technical Knowledge:
- Advanced skills with: Autocad Electrical (or equivalent) MS Office Suite, Microsoft Project