Junior Project Engineer (Electrical)
- Assist with the development of Engineering Check-out, Equipment Acceptance Testing, Start-up/Validation documents,
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate project activities; track critical path milestones, accomplishments and results. Ensure that end-to-end project planning, risk identification, dependency tricking, issues identification / escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately utilizing best practice project management standards
- Lead Installation activities at client sites to ensure proper installation of all intended project designs. Manage contractors and enforce client safety measures.
- Support site start-up team and troubleshoot issues when they arise. If required, work with vender technicians to remediate issues.
- Working knowledge of basic electrical machines and instrumentation. Understanding of basic electrical requirements for Industrial Control applications.
- Understanding controls integration necessary between various machines and equipment within a process. Appreciation for power and controls requirements for motors and instrumentation in differing Industrial Area classifications.
- Build relationships with senior leaders and other Program/Project owners; Interact with, prepare materials for, and present to Senior Management as required
- Gather and provide management with needed information and metrics. This will include:
- Extract/compare/maintain/analyse data
- Provide guidance to and mentor other team members
- Results orientated; ability to commit to and follow initiatives through to completion
- Able to work flexible hours and multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic, high-pressured environment - managing changing priorities and tight deadlines.
OTHER ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proven team member of multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to be detail oriented and also to summarize status / issues / recommendations - producing quality deliverables
- Demonstrate highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and team building skills; Able to partner with and lead people with different personalities and responsibilities, demonstrating conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills to drive the decision making process; Adaptive; Confident; Persuasive; Proactive;
- Accountable; Enthusiastic
- Follow job guidelines as described in the DANMARE practice and procedure manual.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed for DANMARE. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Recommend, manage, and implement efforts to streamline the organization’s processes and establish best practices.
- Treat all DANMARE information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and abide by office policies and procedures.
- Informs Principal of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks. This may be done through reading and continuing education.
- Promptly inform DANMARE management of any change in customer status or any information on customer business which may affect DANMARE’s relationship with the customer or with work in progress.
- Advanced capabilities in quantitative and data analysis; Proven ability to conduct research/analysis, organize and interpret findings, and build presentations that facilitate Senior Management decision making
Education: Bachelor of Engineering or Engineering Technician/Technologist equivalent
Experience: The ideal candidate will have 2 – 5 years previous project design, installation and start-up experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write effective, high-quality emails and documents
- Time management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal, collaborative, and team building skills; Able to partner with and lead people with different personalities and responsibilities, demonstrating conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills to drive the decision making process; Adaptive; Confident; Persuasive; Proactive;
- Accountable; Enthusiastic
Software Application and Technical Knowledge:
- Advanced skills with: Autocad Electrical (or equivalent) MS Office Suite, Microsoft Project
More search results
SYNCRUDE IS HIRING ENGINEERS
NB Power Chair in Smart Grid Technologies
The University of New Brunswick
Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering, Depar…
University of Calgary
Assistant Professor, Advanced Manufacturing, Depa…
University of Calgary
Emera Chair in Smart Grid Technologies
The University of New Brunswick (UNB)