- Apply the DANMARE CADD Standard document to all drawings
- Strong 2D AutoCAD skills, knowledge of layer management, XREFs manipulation, etc.
- 3D Modelling under supervision of Project Lead Designer.
- Develop and prepare engineering layout drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data.
- Sound knowledge of CAD design and drafting techniques, engineering drawing, graphic arts, reading of drawings.
- Familiarity with relevant Engineering department procedures, design standards and guides.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by others.
- Able to identify and report design related issues to Project Lead Designer and/or Project Engineer
- Familiar with the Ontario Building Code (OBC) and other Safety/Standard Codes considered an asset.
- On-site verification of layout drawings as required. Able to collect and provide proper site measurements and information as required.
- Prepare drawings utilized for tender documents which range from mechanical or electrical equipment installations to custom equipment.
- Familiar with P&IDs and PFDs. Able to assist Process Engineer in preparation of Process Diagrams
- Understand the design process and other procedures relevant to the production of engineering documents.
- Ensures compliance with approved design standards in own work to provide quality design
- Participate in Design Review Meetings.
OTHER ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow job guidelines as described in the DANMARE practice and procedure manual.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with DANMARE management in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality.
- Work in a productive manner.
- Produce work which is right the first time.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed for DANMARE. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Treat all DANMARE information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and abide by office policies and procedures.
- Informs supervisor of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks. This may be done through reading and continuing education.
- Promptly inform DANMARE management of any change in customer status or any information on customer business which may affect DANMARE’s relationship with the customer or with work in progress.
Education: Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Design, Engineering, or Architectural Technology.
- 1-3 years of previous drafting experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects.
- General knowledge/understanding of all related engineering fields.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and conflicting deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in 2D & 3D AutoCAD. Other 3D Design software not required but considered an asset.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
Software Application and Technical Knowledge:
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD, and Visio.
More search results
CAD Technician [2D and 3D]
Dr. G. Sauer & Partners Corporation
Intermediate Traffic Engineer - Mississauga
RTL Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer
Etouch Systems Corp
Senior Manager Process Re-engineering and Lean - …