Senior Mechanical Designer
- 3D modelling for Equipment, Piping, Support Structures, Electrical Cable trays and conduits.
- Coordinate the 3D laser scanning activities and incorporating point cloud data into 3D models for clash detection, interferences, etc.
- Learn and apply the DANMARE CADD Standard document to all drawings. Recommend improvements as required.
- Develop and prepare engineering and architectural drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data.
- Review and approve vendor equipment approval drawings
- Incorporate vendor equipment drawings into 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Knowledge of ASME, API, NFPA, OSHA standards
- Site verifications as required.
- Identify and communicate deviations from scope of work.
- Ability to lead project design, distribute and check other team members work.
- Ability to attend in a professional manner client and vendor meetings.
OTHER ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow job guidelines as described in the DANMARE practice and procedure manual.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Establish internal drawing standards and procedures.
- Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with DANMARE management in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality.
- Take care to produce work which is right the first time.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed for DANMARE. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Treat all DANMARE information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and abide by office policies and procedures.
- Informs supervisor of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks. This may be done through reading and continuing education.
- Promptly inform DANMARE management of any change in customer status or any information on customer business which may affect DANMARE’s relationship with the customer or with work in progress.
Education: Degree in Engineering, or Diploma in Engineering / Technology or equivalent.
Experience: 5 years + previous 3D and 2D plant design/drafting experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
Κnowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Specializing in Autodesk Plant 3D, AutoCAD
- Solidworks and Revit not required, but considered an asset
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
- Management skills
Software Application and Technical Knowledge:
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD, and Visio.
More search results
SYNCRUDE IS HIRING ENGINEERS
NB Power Chair in Smart Grid Technologies
The University of New Brunswick
Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering, Depar…
University of Calgary
Assistant Professor, Advanced Manufacturing, Depa…
University of Calgary
Emera Chair in Smart Grid Technologies
The University of New Brunswick (UNB)