Senior Project Management Engineer
Transportation & Utilities Department
Water & Waste Stream Division
(Temporary full-time for approximately 17 months)
Posting No. 261(222)
The City of Saskatoon is an Employment Equity employer
- Prepares detailed designs, material requirements, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, contract documents, tenders, bid evaluations, progress and variance reports, and summaries for a project to develop a waste utility.
- Administers all aspects of contracts related to the waste utility on behalf of the City and ensures compliance with contractual requirements, local, provincial and federal ordinances and occupational health and safety regulations.
- Ensures that projects are completed within projected schedules and budgets.
- Trains, supervises and directs the activities of professional and technical staff engaged in project work. Provides coaching and mentoring to assigned staff and assists the Director in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on their performance and the project performance.
- Provides recommendations in the development of standards and specifications for project management. Assists in the planning and implementation of short and long-term goals with respect to utility development.
- Responsible to secure and manage contracted professional services as required to augment internally available resources
- Reviews plans and designs submitted by consultants and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Reviews and provides recommendations for proposed road and right-of-way closures and rezoning and proposed subdivision applications.
- Negotiates and secures approvals from Provincial and Federal regulatory agencies where required to meet project requirements. Maintains an effective relationship with the Ministry of the Environment
- Develops and maintains liaison with internal and external agencies, the general public, contractors and other civic departments and in the course of planning and administering construction projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A degree in engineering and registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with APEGS OR registered as an engineering licensee with appropriate scope of practice with APEGS.
- Seven to nine years of progressively responsible project management experience.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional or an equivalent certification or experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and financial procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including the ability to prepare and present complex technical reports.
- Ability to plan, direct and supervise the work of professional and technical support staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with civic staff, civic officials, representatives of other agencies and the public.
- Demonstrated ability of successful project management using PMI standards.
$87,375.12 to $102,863.28 per annum (2016 rates).
Wednesday, May 23, 2018