18023A - Project Engineer
Now Hiring Project Planning Engineer
The City of Medicine Hat’s Utility Distribution Systems Department is searching for an experienced Project Engineer to join our talented team. Working in the Asset & Integrity Engineering area, your primary responsibilities will include project planning for electric distribution systems; evaluating current assets; researching and making recommendations around industry best practices including materials used, code compliance while considering internal safe work guidelines and processes.
As the successful candidate, it is essential you be skilled in preparing designs, specifications, budgets and schedules for the implementation of capital and operational equipment improvements that improve the overall safety and reliability of power delivery to the end user. Our ideal candidate must be able to establish and maintain relationships with utility staff of all levels to ensure safe and timely implementation of system improvements. You bring technical knowledge of electric distribution systems and applicable regulations.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Professional membership in, or the ability to become a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA); or as a Professional Engineering Technologist - P.Tech.(Eng.)as a member of the Association of Science & Engineering Technology Profession of Alberta (ASET)
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Professional Engineer or P.Tech.(Eng) working with electric distribution systems, preference will be given to a Professional Engineer;
- Working knowledge of Project Management would be an asset;
- Possess a Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License with an acceptable 5 Year Driver’s Abstract;
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #18023A Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.