Senior Engineering Specialist
Location: 2930 Virtual Way Suite 180, Vancouver, BC V5M 0A5
About the Opportunity
Vard Electro Canada has an excellent opportunity for a motivated and dedicated Senior Engineering Specialist to join our team in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the reviewing of concepts and detail designs for all ship electrical and control systems.
More specifically, you will also be responsible for:
- Reviewing equipment and installation specifications
- Reviewing testing and commisioning procedures
- Reviewing and evaluating bids from a technical perspective
- Reviewing supplier documents and comments
- Supervising engineers and designers including training, mentoring and assigning tasks
- Preparing capital and engineering cost estimates
- Performing design checks and reviews to meet quality control and assurance requirements
- Liaising with clients and building trusting relationships
- Providing technical support to business development efforts
- Assisting with technical proposal preparation
In order to qualify for this position, you will need to have a post-secondary education in electrical engineering or a related field combined with 15+ years of experience in the shipbuilding industry.
You will also have experience with electrical and control systems on ships including generators, power distribution, switchboards, breakers, motor controls, variable speed drives, passive and active harmonic filters, EMC management, fire protection, public address, lighting, cable management and data networks.
Our ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Experience with equipment FAT, FMEA, audits, ship commissioning and start-up
- Previous leadership or supervisory role of more than 5 staff
- Fluency in written and verbal English with excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Experience in proposal wiring and development
- Experience meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian Government security clearance
- Knowledge of Classification society rules and regulations, international electrical standards, equipment survivability conditions
- Knowledge of ship-specific equipment such as IPMS, electric propulsion systems
- Experience with material take-offs and data sheets
Along with advanced engineering skills, you must be an effective communicator who is flexible and able to make contributions to many areas of the business, be a self-starter and somebody who can make high-level strategic decisions.
If you are looking for interesting, exciting, meaningful and challenging work then we want to hear from you!
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an industry competitive salary of between $100,000 - $140,000 plus a range of great benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
- RRSP matching
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- Employee education assistance as furthering education is supported
- Quarterly team building events
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of a thriving and growing company, at an exciting time. Furthermore, you will enjoy being part of a working environment that promotes personal and professional growth in an atmosphere of trust, respect, and collaboration.
Don't miss this exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and innovative company – Apply Now!
Phone: (604) 216-3365
Vard Electro Canada
Suite 180 2930 Virtual Way
More search results
SYNCRUDE IS HIRING ENGINEERS
NB Power Chair in Smart Grid Technologies
The University of New Brunswick
Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering, Depar…
University of Calgary
Assistant Professor, Advanced Manufacturing, Depa…
University of Calgary
Emera Chair in Smart Grid Technologies
The University of New Brunswick (UNB)