TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We are currently accepting application for a mid-level Site Services Engineer to join TRIUMF and provide hands-on support in the maintenance, design, and operation of our site services such as HVAC, specialized nuclear ventilation, cooling water, compressed air, and building control systems. You will also commission mechanical systems and in particular will provide support to the LEED basic and enhanced commission activities for the Institute for Advanced Medical Isotopes (IAMI), a new multi-million dollar facility which will include a TR24 cyclotron for producing medical isotopes. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing planned and preventative maintenance programs to ensure systems are operating reliably and meeting performance specifications and regulatory requirements
- Trouble-shooting and responding to failures, and bringing systems back on-line safely and promptly
- Developing strategies for digital control systems, and developing and reviewing design standards for use in existing and new mechanical systems
- Turning user needs for additions/changes to systems into implementable requirements and designs
You will also be required to successfully complete the TRIUMF in-house radiation safety training course and be designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker.
As our ideal candidate, you possess strong problem-solving and prioritization skills, sound engineering judgement, and a high attention to detail. You also have strong interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a team. Your other qualifications include:
- Practical, hands-on experience maintaining mechanical systems
- Experience with the design, operation, and maintenance of the conventional site services listed above
- Experience with and understanding of building control systems and PLC controls, and proven technical documentation skills
- A bachelors degree in mechanical engineer combined with at least 5 years or relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and training
- Eligibility to register as a P.Eng in the province of British Columbia
While not required, experience with LEED commissioning, nuclear ventilation and radioactive water systems would be considered a definite asset to your application.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to email@example.com and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: 705
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Application closing date: May 8th, 2019
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.
More search results
Junior Estimating Engineer (NOC 2233)
Vice President, Technology and Services
The Cahill Group
Senior SEM Engineer
Dr. G. Sauer & Partners Corporation
Chief Executive Officer
Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Newfoundland & Labrador
Manager, Parcel & Letter Mail Equipment Engin…