Director, Engineering & Maintenance
- Canada Post
- Vancouver, B.C.
- Job Category
- Job Type
This senior role with Canada Post is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to promote a culture of safety, quality and efficiency, while providing strategic leadership on the support and maintenance of all mail handling and processing equipment and systems within the region.
As Director of Engineering and Maintenance, you will work through your plant-level teams to execute maintenance strategies to optimize the life cycle expectations and the performance of the equipment and assets through a combination of internal and external resources. With this goal in mind, you will allocate and direct these resources, including maintenance management professionals, engineering managers, and technical employees in the maintenance and support of equipment and systems.
Your relationship-building and team leadership skills will be evident as you partner with plant and area operations Directors to optimize equipment performance and deliver results, and develop talent through succession planning, training and professional development. Managing financial and non-financial resources within budgets towards achieving the objectives of the organization will be an integral part of this key mandate.
While this position is primarily based in Vancouver, a preference for Calgary will also be considered.
Relocation assistance may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
You bring a successful track record to the role of Director of Engineering & Maintenance:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- 5 or more years of experience managing people.
- 5 or more years of experience in maintenance management, an asset.
- Experience managing a remote team, an asset.
- Operations leadership experience, an asset.
- Proven track record as a safety enabler in an industrial environment.
- Excellent team-building and leadership skills and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships, coach team members and peers, and influence without authority.
- Eligibility for a provincial professional engineering designation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong background in cost management and budgeting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English, required; French, an asset).
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for this permanent, full-time position (Job ID 17129) via the Canada Post Careers website, click on the following URL:
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.