Hi, my name is Geoff Scott, and I am one of the Principals at Ojdrovic Engineering. We are looking for an ambitious, hardworking Structural Engineer to join our growing team. You will have excellent opportunities for individual development as we practice continuous learning as a team and promote information sharing cross-functionally. Our team is tight-knit and we are looking forward to welcoming a new team member to help us build on our success and continue to grow together.
Ojdrovic Engineering Inc. provides structural engineering consulting services to public and private sectors. The focus of our work is the design of restoration and strengthening of existing buildings, seismic evaluation, additions, change of use, and the design of new, challenging structures. We are industry leaders in heritage engineering. We are proud of perfection and of the level of technical competence in the design and presentation of our projects.
We know that everyone has a unique career journey and experience comes in many forms. If you’re unsure you meet all of the criteria and qualifications but still think this might be the right fit, please get in touch! We’d love to meet you rather than have you self-select out of the process.
- Reviewing and assessing existing or historic structures and sites.
- Reviewing existing documentation and reporting.
- Designing repairs of brick and stone masonry, wood, steel, and concrete structures.
- Analyzing and designing both existing and new structures.
- Preparing details in AutoCAD.
- Modeling in REVIT and participation in the hybrid BIM workflow environment;
- Preparing specifications and assembly of contract documents;
- Attending to and managing construction phase site services (site visits, reports, clarifications, etc.)
What you bring to the table
- You are a registered professional engineer in Ontario with 4+ years of progressive experience working as a design engineer in a consulting office.
- You have CISD Security clearance or be eligible for a security clearance.
- You have experience in the structural engineering design of buildings.
- You have the determination to pursue a career in structural engineering.
- You have Interest in existing and heritage buildings.
- You are tech-savvy with strong oral and written communication skills.
- You have practical knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT.
- You have practical knowledge of structural analysis software like SAP2000, ETABS, or RISA.
- You are interested in developing your skills in a company that prioritizes a hybrid BIM workflow environment wherever possible.
- You have experience in contract administration and site review.
- You are able to complete small jobs on your own with little to no oversight, such as roof reinforcement for a mechanical unit.
- We work In-house, Monday- Thursday, with WFH flexibility on Fridays.
- Core Hours: ~8:30 - 6:00 (EST) M-TH, with short Fridays 8:30 - 1 (EST).
- HQ is in Etobicoke (Dundas and Prince Edward)
Annual compensation: $80-120K CAD/ Annually
A wide compensation range is shared to take different levels of experience into consideration. If you fall beyond this range, we still want to hear from you. We understand that this market shifting, and we can be flexible for the successful candidate.
Perks & benefits:
- A Bonus system proportional to the overall performance of the company.
- A standard Sunlife benefits package (includes family members). 100% of Premiums are paid by the company which starts after 3 months of employment.
- 3 weeks PTO + 1-week shutdown during December Holidays. Flexible sick and personal days.
Round 1: Remote interview with a Sr. Talent Advisor, from Bloom
Round 2: 45-minute Remote video Interview with the Hiring Manager, Geoff Scott, Principal, Managing Partner
Round 3: 60-minute In-person interview with Geoff Scott and Nebojsa Ojdrovic, Founding Principal
Round 4: Reference Check
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Like Bloom, Ojdrovic Engineering is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up and support the work that Ojdrovic Engineering believes in.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Like Bloom, Ojdrovic Engineering is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats, or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.