Dispatch Engineer - (2211226)
Are you passionate about working in a world class mining facility? Our Albian Mine Technology group is currently looking for a Mine Engineer with expertise in Fleet Management Systems and wireless networks to join our team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to optimize Albian’s Modular DISPATCH fleet management system and other technological solutions supporting mine operations, maintenance and technical teams. By providing feedback and analysis of the various KPI and targets, you will enable the mine management team to make informed decisions based on actual operating performance.
- Administration the Modular DISPATCH fleet management system
- Support mine operations in managing the dispatch and radio system for optimal mine performance
- Coordinate the maintenance of the mine wireless network to ensure robust performance
- Develop and maintain mine production reporting and interface with operations and maintenance groups to provide analysis of operations
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to assess and implement technology systems on the mine equipment fleet
- Develop in house technical expertise to assist in troubleshooting and maintaining on-board hardware systems
- Increase the net present value of the Albian asset through optimization of the operating cost reductions
- Job location: Albian Sands - Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 8 x 6 – 10 hour days
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in engineering and registered or eligible for registration with APEGA
- 5+ years of experience utilizing a Mine Fleet Management System
- 5+ years of experience in a mine, open pit oil sands is preferred
- Modular DISPATCH, AVI and Cisco radio experience would be an asset
- Experience using mine design CAD programs would be an asset
- Class 5 driver’s license with no known driving limitations
Why Canadian Natural?
Canadian Natural is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.